Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's a Funny Thing...

I have to admit that talking about my apprehensions about this pregnancy has really helped me begin to ready myself for the reality of our Little Miss Sarah.  This is a good thing.  The diapers are stocking up.  The baby clothes have been gathered (they still need washing and folding, but they exist in our home).  And Sarah is being referred to by name.

Sarah's last ultrasound, three weeks ago. 


Of course, there are some other factors that have helped bring this reality into play.  One was a trip to Babies R Us.  It's been a while since we've leisurely strolled through that store, looking at all the cute little baby stuff.  And there are so many cute things to wish for.  We did find a way cute bumper and crib sheet set that I'm excited to put into place.  And it was on clearance.... bonus!

These are the wall decals we got to match our cute little bumper.


Another smack-you-in-the-face-obvious factor is the hormone level coupled with my Swiss cheese pregnancy brain.  Matt says my temper tantrums are funny. I asked him why.  He said, "Because when you get mad you say, 'Go to your room and go... do... get ready for bed!'"

I kind of liked Matt's perspective of all of this chaos in our lives right now.  There are some funny and ridiculous things happening around us.  Or in my case, to us.

I was at the self-checkout line at the grocery store the other day.  I pulled up to the scanner and scanned my customer card.  The automated checker graciously greeted me and then told me to remove my items from the scanner.  I was confused because all my items were still in my cart.  It was at that moment that I realized, it wasn't my groceries on the scanner, it was my ever-expanding baby belly!

I know I look very large.  Probably because I am very large.  Easter Sunday I sang with the ward choir.  I walked up behind Bishopric but knew I had no chance of fitting in the seats behind the piano and organ.  So I got the space at the end of the line of altos.  I felt very exposed.  And to make it worse, I had to stand sort of sideways to see the director so my girth's profile was evident to the entire ward.  I know I looked ridiculously pregnant.  How do I know?  Because I was showered with a combination of sympathetic looks and questions of, "You're sure it's not twins?"

29 days.....

1 comment:

Lori said...

Very cute elephants! I love the thought of decorating cute little rooms :)