Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spotlight: Emma

There are 3 weeks left to get myself ready for our big day.  There's still so much to do, but I wanted to take a little time to focus on our other babies before the next one arrives.

The perfect excuse to use to begin this spotlight is the fact that Emma's birthday was last week.  Yep.  I have an 11-year-old.  Last year was a big deal because she was turning double digits, but this year struck me a bit differently: Next year my daughter will be a Young Woman complete with mutual nights, Personal Progress, and Girls' Camp.  Holy cow.

The birthday girl


I'm not really sure why I'm so surprised by this fact.  Emma is quickly becoming a teenager.

Emma and Josh (with Emma's birthday flowers) at lunch on her birthday.

I used to have this dream when I was little.  We were at a family gathering.  I guess I viewed one of my aunts as talking a lot and quickly because I remember being a little kid and looking up at the adults all standing around gabbing and this particular aunt quickly spurting, "Blahlalalalalalalalala ha ha ha ha ha!"

I now have this dream about my daughter.

I love Emma so much and I don't mean to make fun of her, but she has always been quite a talker herself.   And now those fast-paced tirades include subjects like math class, recess with her friends, band, student council, and of course boys.  There are times I have to pause her so I can leave the room long enough to use the bathroom.

Student of the Month


I do love that Emma is so busy.  And I love that she keeps me informed of her daily happenings.  She makes me laugh and shake my head.  Mostly because there are times when I relate to her so much more than she can understand.

She is my daughter, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Lucky Larson's said...

did she ever get a 4 day school week?