Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dual Holiday

Today is Mothers Day.  It's also our 12th anniversary.

This is the first time we've had this double celebration.  The first time it would've happened had been a leap year. 

I thought I'd do something special for Josh since it's our Dozen Anniversary.  He and Matt were gone Friday night at the father/son campout so the girls and I set up an elaborate activity for him to come home to.

I borrowed my brother-in-law's gps for geocaching and located six of the geocaches in our neighborhood.  We then left a note in each cache for Josh to find. 

The notes contained dates that I consider "perfect" days in my life.  Dates like: December 19, 1998, the day we met; February 14, 1999, our first date; etc.  Each note also had the coordinates for the next cache site. 

In the end, Josh was led back home where he found his new grill (one side with propane, the other for charcoal) and the final note with pictures of our children saying I look forward to an eternity of perfect days with him.  I think I was allowed to be cheesy at the end since I was such a genius for the rest of it.

It really was fun to do and plan. 

And because Josh got such an incredible grill for our anniversary, I got a wonderful gourmet dinner tonight for Mothers Day.



A happy man and his new grill

That's right.  I went through all those hours of planning, strategies, and searching for tiny pill bottles hidden in the rockscape of our neighborhood so I could get a nice bbq chicken tonight.


Josh grilling corn on the cob
And it was worth it.

Happy anniversary to my best friend.  And Happy Mothers Day to all of the moms I know and love.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary Sis! I'm glad you guys were able to celebrate both holidays. Love you!!

colds1 said...

Um, your first date was February 14, 1999? I would challenge that ... :)

That sounds like such a fun activity! You are so clever! I scanned a picture just for the event but was too busy to Facebook it yesterday ... gonna go do that now!