Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Story of Emma

We have had a great ending to the school year.  We've got one week left and I don't know if my homework-hating heart will make it.

Emma had her final band concert for the year.  I tried to get a picture of her, but all I could see was the top of her pretty little head.




Emma's band teacher encouraged the class to listen to a song and try to play it.  One of Emma's favorite songs (thanks to her Mema) is "You Are My Sunshine."  Emma played it by ear for her teacher and her teacher found the sheet music for Emma to play as a solo at the concert.

I recorded it, but Millie was acting up.  You can hear her fussing, me telling her to be quiet and then there's a section of video where I'm trying to take the fussy child off my hip and set her on the ground.  This really makes trying to create a nice video difficult, especially when you're just holding the camera in your hand.

But enjoy the music.



Emma also made her own trifold highlighting her poetry.  She asked me to take a picture of it and post it because she did it all by herself.  With no help from me.  She's very proud of herself.



APRIL
by Emma


April is blooming rainbow,

The color of everything. It’s all colors.

It sounds like birds chirping to wake the sun.

It smells like fresh grass, rain drops, and sweet flowers.

April tastes like fruit. Spring fruit.

April feels like sun on your face after winter’s darkness.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Way to go Emma! That's awesome that she's doing so good in band.

I love the poetry. Especially the "Birds chirping to wake the sun."

Tara Dawn said...

I wish you would have told me she had a solo- I would have loved to watch her do that!

And love love love Emma.