Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Project Report: Fail!

This week was supposed to be all about how much I love my children and how happy they make me.  Notice how I didn't get past Day 1?

Why is it that the times I try even harder to be a good mother that every frustration I have with my children is magnified and multiplied?

No matter how hard I try, by the end of the day I can vividly recount all of the times I lost my temper.  And I don't lose my temper very prettily.

Sometimes being a mom is really, really hard.  Me no-likey.

4 comments:

Cori White said...

hey we all have those me-no likey days..
tomorrow will come and your kids will still love you...
ive been irritated at my kiddos too lately but today was decent. i didnt feel my jaws clinching like they normally do..
it was fun seeing you at the park although we didnt get to chat..
drink a coke.. take a hot bath.. if you need a coke i got one.. even a cold one.. a bath.. dont you have a new one now?? howd that project ever go?

Mrs. Bennett said...

Sometimes, I feel like the Queen of Mean. Mostly with my 12 year old. Its something we all are working on. :(

Unknown said...

Don't you know that you don't ask for something because Heavenly Father makes it 10 times harder for you to learn...for example: patience? I know that when I ask for help in being a good mom, everyone seems to have bad day, several days in a row. Chin up! Things will get better. Even if you think it's not working, at least you're aware of it instead of oblivious.

Lori said...

I really don't like the no-likey days. I seem to have them way too often lately myself. I do like the idea of a nice bath. With bubbles. They help all frustrations go away!