Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Tube

I've decided that when I grow up I want to be Jessica Fletcher.  You know, the lady on Murder, She Wrote.  I remember watching the show quite often when it was in syndication, but I watched a few episodes this afternoon as I was folding laundry.



She's awesome.

She's an older woman.  She lives on the coast of Maine in a quaint house.  She's an accomplished author.  She runs and rides her bike everywhere.  Because she's a woman and older, she's generally treated with respect, yet she can finagle her way into open murder investigation in her vicinity.

She's just plain cool.

And I can't help but share the story of Millie and the TV.  We were watching something (I can't remember what) and Millie took this little Cinderella doll up the screen so she could chat with the characters in the movie.  Then, for the first time, I heard Millie change her voice to pretend to be the doll talking.  But if you thought Cinderella had a high, sweet voice, you were wrong.  According to Millie Cinderella has a low, guttural voice.  And all she says is, "Hey guys!  Hey guys!"

4 comments:

Lucky Larson's said...

She is already Thinking Outside the Box---Awesome! I think Cinderella would be awesome with a manly voice!

Lori said...

That is ALWAYS how I pictured Cinderella! :)How did Millie know?

colds1 said...

I love the middle seasons of "Murder, She Wrote."

Merinda Reeder said...

Hey, where do you get your old "Murder she wrote" episodes?
Is it Netflix?
Hmmm.