Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The 2nd Anniversary of my 29th Birthday


Okay, so this blog thing is kind of fun. I like reading the comments people leave and I just am having a little fun with it. Can I be more redundant?

Well, Tuesday was my birthday and one reason I decided to write this blog. I'm securely in my thirties now, and I need to become one of those trendy soccer-mom housewives. I'm not quite Desperate, but turning 31 is a bit of a shock to my system. Today could've really resulted in a rough day. Josh ran out of gas on his way to work and he couldn't get a hold of me on my cell phone because I didn't have it with me as I went to pick the girls up from school. The problem is, none of my maternity pants have pockets except for one pair that has a cargo pocket next to my knee. Because the waist rides below my belly, when I put my phone in my pocket it makes my pants fall down. So, I didn't have my phone so I knew I needed to pick up my sweetheart to take him to work on time. Luckily, when I told him the reason I didn't have my phone with me, he laughed because it is a bit of an absurd story.

I was trying to think of good things to update everyone on and my sister Lori thought this story would be entertaining: We've been trying to get the kids to say their personal prayers morning and night. Matt is having a hard time with this. He used to say prayers by himself, but once at dinner at Mom and Dad's house he got in trouble for using the phrase "Nobody knows me" which is a part of a song that he made up. He's generally a happy boy, so why such a melancholy song, I have no idea. Anyway, from that time on he hasn't said a prayer by himself. So, having him say a personal prayer has become a challenge. I try gentle persuasion, which usually isn't so gentle, but he still repeats after me. Finally I said to him one night, "Tell Heavenly Father what you're thankful for," and he responded with, "Me thankful for everything." I tried to push a little further, "Anything else you're thankful for?" He huffed back at me, "Me said, 'Me thankful for EVERYTHING!'" I gave up and told him to ask for what blessings he wants. He said, "Please bless everything." I'm about to give up!

3 comments:

colds1 said...

I just wanted to comment. I try and try but I don't know that I see you as the soccer-mom type! I wish Ricky's prayers were so succinct! Ours range from "thank you that Ms. Cherie (the preschool teacher) wore a new shirt today" to "thank you for my new pajamas with the king bat and all the ding bats on it." Kevin is the one who taught him 'ding bats' and it now trying to unteach him! I love that you are doing the blog--don't let it cut back on emails though, missy!

colds1 said...

Darn it! I hate it when I find typos after I publish--don't let Mindy come after me with a red pen!

Merinda Reeder said...

Mwa ha ha - the red pen of death is here. Cindy, I honestly don't do that. I don't believe I've uninvitedly edited anybody's stuff since 8th grade. :)
We're still trying to get Lizzy to sit still during prayers. Especially Sacrament prayers - but to little avail.
Thanks for joining the blogging world.