Monday, September 29, 2008

Dinner Theatre



Dinner at our house is usually pretty loud and it's not uncommon for someone to say something to make Josh and me just look at each other and laugh.




We had some Sweet & Sour rice concoction for dinner Saturday night. That's the name I give to food that I just throw together and hope it comes out okay. Anyway, we had fortune cookies and Abby's said, "You will find luck when you get home." She thought that was funny since she was already home, but then she said, "This would be a really good fortune for a missionary!" She was so adamant about giving her fortune to a missionary that she actually took it to church yesterday to give to the full-time elders serving in our ward. Unfortunately, they weren't there and she gave it to her Primary teacher instead. But, I thought that was so insightful for Abby to think of. Maybe we actually get through to her sometimes!




Last night we had dinner at Mom and Dad's, as we do every Sunday. Matt had quite a LOT to drink. He kept having to make trips to the restroom. He didn't make it in time once, prompting us to leave as soon as we could. We got in the door at our house and he had to go again. I don't know what his problem was. We only live like 15 minutes away from Mom and Dad. Anyway, Josh made a flippant comment about Matt being diabetic and Emma decided to run with that idea. She immediately went and wrote a note to Matt. It said, "To Matt I'm sorry to say you have Deabedese. You pee too much. You need to stop going to the beth-room. By Emma." I don't even know what else to say about this. My daughter thinks my son has Deabedese.


On a more spiritual note, Genica (Pete's wife) got to go to the temple Saturday. Hooray for her!! I asked for pics, but they didn't get to take any. Josh and I couldn't go because we had childcare issues. For any of you that can go to the temple, eat a meal, and drive home in under 12 hours, let me just remind you that YOU ARE BLESSED!!! Please, please, go to the temple. There's no reason not to! FYI: Josh and I will go as soon as we can, it's a matter of being able to afford a babysitter for 12 hours. I read Mindy's blog about people in the Ukraine selling anything they could to go for the first time. I guess we're still blessed. Our other option would be for us to take the kids to Billings or Cardston, Alberta, Canada (the temple district we actually are in) and each of us attend a session while the other attends to the kids. Several of the more faithful people in our ward do that. I'd just prefer to attend with Josh. Is it selfish for me to delay my own temple attendance to be able to go with my sweetheart? I'm afraid of the answer, so don't really answer that!

No comments: