Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baaa!

So, this is the world of blogging. Everyone else does it. I guess I'll try it too. Actually, we're so far from so many of our friends and family that it makes sense for us to have a central location to update everyone about our many different adventures. Admittedly, our lives have become quite mundane since finishing school and moving away from the college life. But, our kids are still too cute to keep to ourselves and I gotta brag about something!

Quick update: Josh is working hard as a Registered Nurse in the Great Falls, MT, Emergency Room (yes, there's only one). He's an amazing nurse. He learns quickly and cares about the patients, so he's the ideal nurse to have. Plus he's a huge stud.

Emma is in second grade. She's so smart she scares me. How long will it be before she realizes that Mom's more talk than actual smarts?

Abby is in first grade. When she smiles she lights up the world, but when she's grumpy keep a hanky handy because she'll bring you to tears.

Matt is in preschool. He's healthy and strong. He loves anything with an engine and thinks the helicopter at daddy's work is especially cool.

Our new baby will be born (tentatively) Dec 22. We'll have her by c-section (it's a long story why) and we should both be home by Christmas Eve.

I'm trying to keep our house in order (good luck, me) and keep everyone else on schedule. No one ever told me that being the mom would be such a gruelling job. But someone has to do it, and I'm glad that someone is me, usually!

5 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Wow! Welcome to the blog world my friend!!!

I just have to tell you, I can't believe the title of your post is Baaa! Because I'm obsessed with a satirical blog right now that kind of makes fun, okay really makes fun of high maintenance mormon bloggers and the girl always says baaa. You have to check out her site, you will laugh your friggin' butt off! That's right I said friggin'. The hilariousness of this blog just gets me all riled up!

Hope you had a good bday.

luvs t

Tara Bennett said...

Wait! I didn't leave the link of the site I rambled on and on about. Here it is:

http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/

Merinda Reeder said...

wahooooo!
Hi. I think you people are cool. Congrats on the upcoming baby. I know, I keep in such close contact that this is my first news of you having a baby in, like, 3 months. Your kids sure are adorable.

Cindy Thomas said...

OH my goodness. Everyone is getting big, except Josh we hope. :) Well, the Adams State family has had its ups and down, but we are still around. Chris and Avi are in Kindergarten and Harry has moved on to first grade. They were loving a Harvest Festival last week with hayrides and pinata under a big harvest moon.

On a serious note, can you blog seriously?, I have to share that I have a sweet young friend who was really having a dangerously depressive time in part because of his estrangement from his family's religious life. He is going to be OK. I just wanted to do an affirmation for all of us who continue to love one another without contingency, because that is what it's about.

You guys are awesome.

Lots of Love - Cindy T

Jabon said...

Shelly, I am glad you are finally embracing modern technology by joining us! OK, with that said... tell Emma, Abby and Matt that I miss them. Ok, fine… you and Josh as well!
Is Emma still taking pictures?