Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Alright

I love that Darius Rucker (formerly of Hootie and the Blowfish) is doing country songs. For the longest time, I hated country. I hated everything about it. I hated the lyrics, the music, the artists, the fact that my parents listened to it. And there we find the root of my hatred. I didn't rebel much as a teenager. I wasn't home on time very often and I had an attitude with the best of them, but overall I really wasn't a bad kid. My only true form of rebellion was to hate my parents' music, therefore always wearing my headphones in the car to tune out their music and blast my own. I think it bugged my parents enough, so my somewhat harmless form of independence was sufficient.

It's funny how things change. And it's funny how boys make them change. As I dated a couple different guys, their interest in country music sparked mine. They pretty much paved the way for me to be even more compatible for Josh. I listened to country, but I also listened to my pop station--which regularly played Hootie. Now, I get to have some of both. I love Darius' songs (yes, I'm on a first name basis with him. I call him Darius and he calls me Stranger) and I just thought I'd share my newfound enjoyment.


3 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

I heart country music! One of the most vivid memories I have of you is singing 'Fancy' by Reba into the blow dryer while you got ready in our dorm room. lol!!! (I think it was fancy anyway?)

colds1 said...

Was he hootie or a blow fish? I like this song, but I have a hard time watching him actually sing it. His face just doesn't match the voice somehow.

Lori said...

I like this song too. I also like his Hootie songs. He's just good.