Friday, September 4, 2009

A Different 'Fess Up Friday

Today is Friday. I know, shocker that I would post this today, right? Well, I've been needing to write this for a while and I figured today was as good as any other day. I'm going to be taking a break from any routine I've currently got in place. It's time to start packing up the house and getting ready for our move. So, my next posts will most likely be sporadic and I'm putting my weighloss on hold again. I'll pick it back up as soon as I can.

In an effort to make today's post about weightloss somehow, here's a clip for you to enjoy:




Today's real confession is brought to you by the letters I, M, and the word FORGETFUL. Lately I've been very forgetful of all the blessings I have, mostly since a few of the blessing I really want I don't get to have right now. So, I've got to put myself back in to check. I've been mentally compiling this list and I'm sure I'll forget things, but maybe the list will help me remember some of the good things I've got going in my life.

I AM THANKFUL FOR/THAT...
my husband and his willingness to sacrifice so much for our family * my kids and that we got to have one on one lunch dates yesterday * we had less fighting yesterday after our lunch dates * our home and how beautiful it is * the gospel * the Atonement * the canopy of trees I drive beneath on Central Ave * the incredible Missouri River * my parents' generosity * Tara and Jabon's generosity * I have an eternal optimism that never fully shuts down * comedies * it's been 45 days since we left New Mexico * laughter * tears * good friends to talk to * hugs * camera phones ;) * September 17 @ 12:35pm * the 35 to 40 lbs I've lost since moving away from Alamosa * my husband's love * my husband's laugh * my husband's sense of humor * my kids' laughs * my excitement for our new adventure
There are so many more things to add, but this would go on forever. So, I challenge you: what are you thankful for?

3 comments:

colds1 said...

Long naps (mine or the kids', doesn't matter), living with cats, Kevin being such a good sport, tissues, the Internet, play pens, the sunshine, my shade trees, knowing about the plan of happiness, the scriptures, unconditional love ...

RNLambile said...

I am so thankful for you my love, and the things you have brought into my life. I am thankful for true friendship, eternal prospective, hope, prayer, family, Emma, Abby, Matthew, Mildred, and any other children that may be entrusted to our care, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, repentance, forgiveness, picture phones ;), the internet, my work, a wonderful companion that lets me think I have some control sometimes, for our families and their generosity, September 16, 1977, and September 17, 2009. I love you. You make me smile and drive me to always be better than I am now, that one day I might actually be worthy of you. I love you, Josh

RNLambile said...

I am so thankful for you my love, and the things you have brought into my life. I am thankful for true friendship, eternal prospective, hope, prayer, family, Emma, Abby, Matthew, Mildred, and any other children that may be entrusted to our care, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, repentance, forgiveness, picture phones ;), the internet, my work, a wonderful companion that lets me think I have some control sometimes, for our families and their generosity, September 16, 1977, and September 17, 2009. I love you. You make me smile and drive me to always be better than I am now, that one day I might actually be worthy of you. I love you, Josh