Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Do Not Feel Prepared

Two days ago I turned off our air conditioner.  I can just hear the racking of our electric bill slowing by leaps and bounds.  I opened the windows, enjoyed the fresh air and reminded myself to keep the yelling to a minimum with all the windows opened.

I did not, however, realize it was time to prepare for cooler weather.  I figured I'd have a few more weeks before I had to worry about putting away shorts.  And maybe I do.  I think we're having a cold spell for a few days.  And by "cold spell" I mean our high will be in the low 70s.

Today I realized that I needed to be prepared.



This morning it was raining.  The first morning we've woken to rain in a very, very long time.  And with the cooler temps, I needed to find the kids' jackets.  So now my garage is home to an empty box and loose lying coats in a pile as I searched and searched for jackets for the kids to wear to school today. 

I've obviously been taking advantage of the beautiful weather of Arizona since I had to unearth the jackets.  But I desperately searched for them this morning mostly so the kids won't freeze their tails off in school today.  If they freeze in their classrooms when it's 110* outside, how cold will it be on an anomaly day like today?  I may even need to stop at the store and pick up some hot chocolate as an after school snack. 

And some info on the video: It's a clip from the movie Hoodwinked.  It's about all the different points of view surrounding the suspicious circumstances of Red Riding Hood discovering her Granny tied up in the closet, the Wolf in Granny's bed, and the crazy Woodcutter bearing an axe.  If you haven't seen it, you really really need to.  I don't know if you can rent it.  If you can't, just buy it.  It's so great everyone will love it. 

3 comments:

Crisanne said...

Cooler weather is hitting us too. We actually had rain 5 days straight last week. I think we accumulated our entire years rainfall during that time! It was a very soggy week with limited bike rides because no sidewalks=lots of mud. Hoodwinked is hilarious! A must see. Dennis and I are pretty excited that they are coming out with a 2nd. Hope it is just as good.

Lori said...

"An avalanche is comin' and I do not feel prepared..." Great movie.

It's already snowed here. Don't you wish you still lived here? I am so not ready for a long cold spell. Luckily it's been really nice since it snowed. I even had to open the windows yesterday for about an hour to cool down the house. It was 77* inside! CrAZy!!!!

Tara Dawn said...

I love the weather like this!