Sunday, October 17, 2010

No, I'm Not Complaining

I've had a request.

My husband would like me to write something on here.  He misses my writing.  I think it gives him a nice break to just sit and read some of the nonsense that goes through my head.  And since he hasn't mastered the art of reading my mind (imagine that), I'll oblige him.

I haven't written a new post for a while because the only thing truly on my mind is this:

Ah, crap, pregnancy is killing me!

And I have several more months to endure and complain.  If I start complaining too much now, will anyone (including Josh) even read anything I write anymore?

Well, I haven't done a Top Ten List for a while.  So here we go:

Top Ten Things I'm Trying to Avoid Complaining About:

10.  I've finished my Couch to 5k program but have no 5k to participate in.  What the heck, man?  I'm not allowed to do my half-marathon.  So now what?  Just run for my health???  Seriously???

9.  My house is so dirty.  I truly have to wonder: Am I experiencing Nesting or is my house really just trashed?  I'm so afraid to know the answer.

8.  I am tired.  All. The. Time. 

7.  If I thought I was weepy before, then I better buy stock in Kleenex now.  I was watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  I know that show can pull at the heart strings, but I started crying when the team did a Flash Mob to notify the family they were chosen for the makeover.  What's a flash mob, you ask?  A sad and/or sentimental thing?  No.  It's when dancers are planted in a crowd and start dancing to amplified music.  That's not sad!  It was clever!  And I was crying!!  Give me a break.

6.  I got the worst advice ever from my doctor: Only eat what sounds good.  Great.  You know what sounds good?  Carmel rolls.  Ice cream.  Carmel popcorn.  Chocolate.  Chocolate covered peanuts.  Ice cream with chocolate, carmel, and peanuts.  Mmmmm......

5.  My boobs hurt.  Just putting that one out there.

4.  Millie is getting too smart.  She knows when she's made a bodily noise.  It's too hard to blame her for mine because she'll rat me out.  And we have no dog.  Life isn't fair.

3.  Did I mention I'm tired a lot?  I basically have one good effort of energy a day -- and usually that's used to roll out of bed.  Any activity requiring more energy than that doesn't stand much of a chance.  Oh, you're hungry?  There's the peanut butter and jelly.  Have fun.

2.  I told my friend Cindy that I feel like I have the flu.  Minus every single symptom but fatigue and nausea.  Although, I think I can add body aches back in there.  I'm pretty sure I could get a note from my doctor to excuse me from strenuous activity if need be.

And Number 1:

If you missed my post on Facebook, here it is again: "Pregnancy mood swings are like a pendulum. A pendulum that's just been round-house kicked by Chuck Norris after he was yelled at by his pregnant wife and he's still clueless as to what he did wrong. ~Shelly"  Oh my goodness, my mood swings are just beginning, but they keep popping up.  "Oh, I love my children.... HOLY HECK, WHO LEFT THEIR BOWL ON THE TABLE?..... I have the best life in the world..... EVERYBODY ZIP IT AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!  Yep, I'm a stereotype.

And those are the things I've been avoiding complaining about on my blog.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Well, I for one am glad that you wrote again. Even if it was for complaining. We all need to get that junk off our chests every once in a while.

I missed you!

Unknown said...

I'm not even pregnant and I still complain about 7 of them. I'm glad you wrote too...it's like a conversation (albeit one-sided) that I need every couple of days. Maybe it's reassurance that I'm not the only one feeling some of these same things.

Hope this phase passes soon and that you can start feeling better. hugs!

Carina said...

I am Thankful I am not pregnant. It is a beautiful wonderful thing, but it sucks. I was hoping you would feel better because of all of your running. I hope things improve for you soon.

But I think your Dr needs his head examined. A hormonal woman should never be told to eat whatever sounds good. I have several things that sound good to me and I am tempted to eat them all. I think I will because his advice sounds SO GOOD.

Jeri Dawn said...

Ahhh Shelly, I can relate to your "pregnant woman" so well. Your pregnancies sound a lot like mine. In fact, being drained of all energy and left feeling like a rag-doll trying to function is my biggest indicator of exactly when I become pregnant. And the constant nausea. I always think that eating something will make me feel better. So I begin eating and eating and eating, hoping that something will make me feel better, and then wonder my my belly is suddenly hanging out with no hope of sucking it in. And really, at one week (when the belly begins hanging out), you can't really announce that your pregnant and begin wearing maternity clothes, can you? Maybe I should try it next time.

Here are my goals with my next baby...think positive, be positive, try to treat it as the miracle and blessing that it is. Exercise past the first week, despite the nausea. Avoid the ornery-ness. Yeah, it's crappy, but life still has to go on. Oh, wait, did I just say it was crappy? It's not. It's wonderful and miraculous... Loves from afar.

Merinda Reeder said...

Did you notice my posts dropping off?
Yeah, I love this. I could cut and paste the whole thing, excepting the couch to 5K and my husband isn't Josh. Yeah, I guess I didn't watch extreme Home Makeover either, it was Tarzan.

Tara Dawn said...

#4 made me laugh out loud. Maybe that's because I just got back from a weekend with Jabon and his brother Brighton. His bro is notorious for letting bodily noises escape and has been since the day I met him over 10 years ago. Good for Millie for not taking the blame!