Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh, Now I Remember....

This weekend my sister and I went to clean our parents' new house in preparation for them to move their things down in about a week or so. 

Their house was previously a rental.  And it looks like it.

It's a comfortable home, but it needs lots of fix ups here and there.  And there.  And over there too. 

I had wanted to get a general cleaning done and was so glad my sister agreed to come down with me.  I don't think I would've gotten much done by myself. 

As we did the dishes together yesterday morning, I was reminded of when we were younger and had to do the dishes together. 


Shelly and Tara, Sept 1986

Oh man, it took us forever!  For one thing, there were 7 peoples-worth of dishes.  For another thing, I think there was more playing, bickering, and whining than washing on most nights. 

It took us a lot less time yesterday.  And there was a lot less bickering.

Something I'll need to remember the next time it takes my kids over an hour to do a chore that would take me 15 minutes to complete!

1 comment:

Tara Dawn said...

I'm glad we went down and helped them out! I love you, sis!