Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sick and Tired

The word is out.

I'm sick and tired.

But in a good way.

Sometime around the end of May, this blog will be retitled.  But for now we'll just call it the J.S.E.A.M.M.?. Project.  That's right, Baby 5 is on his/her way. 

So far this baby has caught me by major surprise. 

1.  The pregnancy test I took at the ER almost 3 weeks ago was negative.  Therefore I had a bunch of x-rays done to find out why my breathing problems were happening.  First time I've had a negative that should've been a positive.  I thought it was a little early to test, but not much.  If Clear Blue Easy can detect pregnancy up to five days early, a hospital-grade test should be able to as well, right? Riiiight.

2.  In trying to prepare to run a 1/2 marathon, I learned that I really only had a 20% chance of getting pregnant.  I figured it would take a while to get pregnant.  We knew we wanted another baby, but I really thought it would take a while.  Like it did with the other kids.  It took over 2 years to get pregnant with Millie and a year to get pregnant with Matt and about 8 months to get pregnant with Emma after our miscarriage in 1999 (Abby was the exception, remember she and Emma are 13 months a part). 

3.  TMI Alert.  So, I've been so tired and my stomach has been upset and I was late, so I asked Josh to bring me another pregnancy test so we could just check it to make sure.  It was Saturday morning and I knew Josh was on his way home, but I really had to pee.  I grabbed a plastic cup.  TMI, remember.  I left it up in the bathroom and went downstairs to take care of the other kids.  Josh got home and went upstairs while I was still getting kids settled down.  I finally got to go upstairs and I popped my head into the room.  I asked him if he started the test and HE told ME that I was pregnant.  How often does that happen?  Well, I guess 1 out of 6 times?

Josh and I are very happy.  Our parents are happy.  Our siblings are happy.  Most of our kids are happy.  Emma's having some difficulty.  But I remember feeling that way when I was 9 and my mom was having a baby.  She goes back and forth.  She gets upset about the baby, but then tells everyone she sees about him/her.  We're definitely trying to make sure all the kids know how much we love them individually and want them to be happy.

And that's all why I'm sick and tired.

9 comments:

Carina said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! That is definitely a fun story about how you found out. I hope you start feeling better soon. They say pregnancies are much better when your body is healthier. Look at the great things you have done to start this babies life. I understand how Emma feels, I hope she feels better about it soon.

Mrs. Bennett said...

YEAH! CONGRATS!!! Does this mean no more 1/2 marathon? :)

Tara Dawn said...

I'm sorry Emma's having such a hard time. She's probably thinking about how much older and more responsible she's getting which means actual diaper duty for her now! LOL! It's all good, though, because her aunt and uncle have lots of love to help spread!!

Unknown said...

Jon and I both agree that if you keep training, ie. running, you should be able to run the 1/2 in January. I think that if you stay in shape, this should be the healthiest, and hopefully the easiest pregnancy. We're super excited for all of you! Oh, and if you don't feel up to running the 1/2 in January, you can walk it with me!

Lori said...

I was waiting for this babe to come. I'm psychic that way:) Me and Dad should take our show on the road! :) Love you Shell. Sorry to hear about Emma. I'm sure she'll see the light at the end of the tunnel real soon. Babies can do that:)

colds1 said...

Tim didn't want me. He had enough kids to take care of. He had just turned 11 when I was born. Emma will come around, but it kind of stinks waiting for that to happen!

Happy day!

Crisanne said...

Congrats Shelly! So excited to hear that you get one more little one to love! I'm a bit envious... we had to stop after #4, and my baby turns 3 this week, not much of a baby anymore.

Merinda Reeder said...

WAHOOOOOO
:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! i love how you found out. i can tell from reading your blog that you guys are a happy family and that you are a great mom! :)