Tuesday, July 26, 2011

30 Day Movie Challenge

My friend Jim is doing this 30 Day Movie Challenge on Facebook.  I've been fascinated by his reported movies each day.  In fact, I really look forward to seeing what he's posted (the day cannot end without finding out Jim's movie of the day). 

So I asked him to email me a copy of his list so I could play too.  But as I love to talk about movies, I need more than the 420 characters I'm allowed to use on Facebook.  And it's been a long time since I've blogged everyday, maybe this will get me back into the habit.

Day 1: Your Favorite Movie

This is a tough one.  At first I couldn't even think of my favorites (what kind of movie lover am I???) but then I thought of so many that I had a hard time narrowing it down.

I think my favorite movie changes based on my phase in life.  But one movie that I have absolutely loved since the very first time I saw it (and later read the book and later bought the trivia game that no one could beat me at) was Gone With the Wind




To watch Scarlet O'Hara and Rhett Butler stupidly ruin everything for themselves just kills me.  But I can't stop watching.  The epic magnitude of the movie is amazing, especially considering the limited resources Hollywood had in 1939 compared to today.  Of course, the only way this movie could have been so epic if it was made today is if Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) was the director.  However, who he could cast to rival Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable is a mystery to me.  Although, Carol Burnett and Harvey Korman come pretty darn close.


3 comments:

colds1 said...

Fun! I'm excited to read your words.

"Gone with the Wind," huh. I think I saw it beginning to end ... once. I do agree that what they were able to accomplish with the resources of the day were amazing and there are some good one-liners (or two-liners) in the movie. It is just such a downer movie for me. I don't go away from it feeling anything but blah.

But that is what makes this so much fun ... I love reading/hearing other people's reasons for stuff. Yeah for movies of the day!!!

Lori said...

Carol Burnett huh? :) HeeHee.
I also love Gone with the Wind. I think it is one of my all time favorites as well. If they did ever remake it, I don't know who I would want them to cast either. That's a hard one.

I'm excited to read your movie of the day posts too!!! :)

Mrs. Bennett said...

Definitely on my list too. It is a wonderful movie and even better book. Can't wait to hear more!