Friday, July 1, 2011

"Josh, Where Are Your Shoes?"

We had some great fun out on the lake the other day.  It definitely was something we'll do again.

I thought I'd show off our pictures in a movie.  




We loved going out and playing in the water.  We went out on the tube (the pictures at the end) and while Josh and Matt were out, Josh thought he'd show Matt how to be a little daring.  Josh laid on his belly and pretended to be Superman.  He sat up and bounced up and down.  He even hung his feet off the side and into the water. 

And then .... oops.

It was immediately after that that we began the search for Josh's sandals because they had slid off his feet and drifted away somewhere into the lake.  Throughout the afternoon I had a little fun at his expense by asking, "Honey, where are your shoes?"

I learned something, though.  I want a boat.  I grew up under the impression that only the dads drove boats.  Only my grampa drove his boat.  And only my dad drives his boat.  No girls allowed.  But that's not the way it has to be.  I even got a bit of a driving lesson and taught some tricks of the trade so someday when we get a boat I won't be completely clueless. 

I can see it now.  We'll all have fun on the boat while we're laughing (my cheeks ended up hurting from laughing so much), tubing, swimming next to the boat, looking for Josh's lost shoes..... it'll be a wonderful time. 

Now, to suddenly get rich.....

1 comment:

Lori said...

It sounds like you had a blast! We feel the same way. We would LOVE to get a boat. Especially with all these lakes around us. There's even a big huge one 10 mins. away! I need to find a way to get my hands on one of those money trees. :)