Sunday, November 8, 2009

'Fess Up Friday

I know, I'm late again. It's not Friday, it's Sunday. But, this weekend we went house shopping, so that's my excuse. We found lots of possibilities, but I think our house is still out there somewhere.

Anyway, on to the weight loss. This week Tara and I decided to take the challenge to losing 15 lbs by Christmas. I admit, I balked when she first suggested that, but we've both been on plateaus for too long. So, for the next two months, we hope to lose an average of 2 lbs a week. Here's what we plan to do:

Exercise 5 to 6 days a week.

We now have child portioned plates to use for dinnertime.

Limit the number of Halloween candies we get a day.

Drink more water.

This is going to be tough, but we've got to do this! Waking up at 5am isn't worth it if the weight doesn't come off. We've got to do this. And we will. Think you might want to try too?

How'd you do?

3 comments:

colds1 said...

Um, no. Don't think I'll be joining you in this challenge. However, I will do my cheering from here and wish you both the best!

Lori said...

I already eat child portioned plates. So that one is easy. Working out 5 to 6 times a week, that's my crutch right there. I want to, but I have no energy to. I know, if you do it, it gives you energy right? Huh! It doesn't seem so in my case! And candy, that one is a little hard too since there's candy in my house. It seems to call to me. And in a very trustworthy voice too!! But I'll try it with you!! Maybe not so much the exercise, but I'll give it a go!

Jeri Dawn said...

You are a rock! I am at 3-4 days a week right now. I need recovery days! I am also in need of more cardio...am contemplating whether to try the dreaded treadmill or just hit a couple of aerobics classes. Portion sizes...gotcha. Candy? Hmmm...it's Christmas at our house and treats are everywhere! I'll need your prayers on this one! I WILL FIT BACK INTO MY PANTS! I WILL, I WILL! I WILL FIT BACK INTO MY PANTS! I WILL, I WILL! Oh, have you tried P90X lean?