Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Shawshank Redemption?

My parents are moving to Arizona.

Did I tell you this?

My dad is currently working his new job with the Border Patrol and my mom has been waiting for the house in Montana to sell (anyone looking for a home in Great Falls, let me know).  She'll be making the trip down with the rental truck loaded to the brim in just a week and a half. 

I'm so happy for so many reasons.

First off, Montana is a two full-day drive from here.  And it seems that something goes wrong every time we drive from Arizona to Colorado (or vice versa).  And I like driving through Utah, but I'd like to stay for more than 11 hours as we sleep, so that's always difficult when we're on a tight schedule.  Having Mom and Dad only 2 1/2 hours away will be a welcome change.

The second reason is pure selfishness.  I left some things at Mom and Dad's and I'm looking forward to getting them back.  I left my music stand.  Emma needs this.  Her school has no music stands for the band kids, so she has to carry her music stand back and forth on the days she has band.  Not cool.  When I get my stand back, she'll just keep it at school and won't have to carry hers around anymore.  Mine is old and cheap.  If it gets lost or stolen, it won't matter.

I know, you're thinking, "But Shelly, that's not selfish!  That's being a good mother to your daughter!"  I know.  I know.  I rock the "Good Mom" role (excuse me while I laugh).  But that's not the selfish part.  The selfish part comes into play with wanting my 5 lb weights back.  I left them behind and tried using my bigger 8 lb weights, but they were too big.  The more weight you lift, the bigger the guns.  My mouth is big enough to compensate for small guns. 

So in the mean time, I'm pulling some "Prison Break"/"Lockup" substitute.  I've got 2 gallon jugs that I've half-filled with water and those are my current 5 lb weights.  Oh, I'm sexy.  I've got my exercise gear, my bodybugg, my cup of water, and my jug-weights.  Man, they suck. They're awkward, they are hard to stabilize, they're beginning to leak.

Remind me to never go to prison.  I don't care for their make-shift ways.

1 comment:

colds1 said...

I, for one, will miss your 11 hours of sleeping in Utah time. But, I am glad your parents will be closer to you, too.