Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Side Effects May Include......

I have been sick lately.  I don't really know how it happened.  It's been so long since I've been knocked down like this.  It's as if my whole body has been sucking energy from wherever it can get it.  And unfortunately, my brain has experienced the most suckage.

Sometimes, when I write, I try to write something along the lines of clever.  Something I hope might make people chuckle.  And a couple days ago I thought I had come up with a hilarious idea about psychology and a cold.  All I'll say is it had something to do with the term psychosomatic, Freud's model of the psyche (id, ego, superego), and Pavlov's dogs. 

Seriously, I was laughing at myself for being so incredibly clever.

However, now that the fog in my head has begun to clear, I can now tell you how glad I am that I did not actually write what I thought was so clever.  If I had, I would have deserved this:



I really hope I'm back to 100% soon!

2 comments:

Lori said...

That's so funny!! I just quoted Billy the other day!

I know how it feels to be hit so hard that you just can't function. I was like that for a week and a half!!!! And still not 100%. It's always the worst when you usually don't get sick and then something like this junk comes and gets ya. I hope you get better really really quickly and that it doesn't hang onto you like it is me. Love ya sis!

Merinda Reeder said...

I don't think you breathed on me, and I don't think I breathed on you.
Seriously, though, that's me. Totally wasted by lunch time.