Saturday, August 29, 2009

'Fess Up Friday

You know, someday these posts are going to happen on Fridays again. Someday.

This week was interesting with the big kids going back to school. Having Matt gone all day is a bit of an adjustment. And having an infant home that takes naps throughout the day is weird. But, I'm sure I'm going to get used to it all soon.

I have enjoyed being able to exercise without kids bugging me the entire time. Did you know that I can get through an entire workout without one kid asking me a question? It happened three times this week! I had to focus on my workout video because there were no fights to filter. It was, like, crazy!

This week I decided that my diet must be my stumbling block. Next week I plan to keep a food diary to help me monitor what I should be eating. I'm having a little trouble figuring out how many calories I should be consuming each day. Is it 1200? 1500? 2000? I'm not nursing anymore, so I need to find a good constant caloric amount. I'll have to do some research. If you have any educational guesses, I'll consider those too.

My workouts continue, and I'm determined to be in the 140s the next time Josh sees me. I've got a little less than three weeks. Hope I can do it!

How'd you do?

2 comments:

Tara Dawn said...

You should never eat less than 1500 calories as a woman. I have a formula in a book that explains how to find your perfect intake of calories if you want to lose weight, so I will find it and email it to you.

I am glad this is on Saturdays, because I judge my week Sun-Sat, so I never replied to these until Saturday. I did great this week. I exercised 7 of the last 10 days. I have to get up early to do it, but I like giving myself that time and I feel a real sense of accomplishment.

My food intact is also my biggest challenge. I started a journal on Friday, but left it at work. I have a hard time leaving food on my plate or snacking on just the right things. I hope it gets better soon.

Lori said...

Good for both of you. (Shelly and Tara). I think a food journal is a good idea. I need to start exercising again myself. I keep giving myself the same excuses. "My stomach is going to hurt again if I do that." "Trenton popped my ball, so I can't do that." ... and so on. I need to just suck it up and do it. With two of them at school, it should be easier for me now. After I finish painting my room. I know... excuses, excuses.