Saturday, August 22, 2009

Review for Hannah Montana: The Movie


When you have children, you learn what they like. You become knowledgeable about things you never really cared about. For instance, I know the names of the Jonas Brothers. Don't care about them, but I know which is which.


Tonight we watched Hannah Montana: The Movie. You know you're too emotionally taxed when a Miley Cyrus movie makes you cry. Anyway, it was a cute enough movie. Of course, the girls loved it. If you've just come out from under your rock, Hannah Montana is actually Miley Stewart in disguise. Miley just wants to be a normal teenager but she also wants to be a singer. By pulling off the Hannah Montana act, she gets "The Best of Both Worlds." Anyway, Miley gets too caught up in being Hannah Montana so her father takes her back to her roots to help her realize what is really important to her. It's kind of the Disney tween version of Pure Country.


Somehow the typical overacting from the TV show didn't transfer on the big screen as much, so the acting in this was actually quite pleasant. There's still melodramatism (is that a word?) and slap stick. But was all in good fun. Tyra Banks gives a very credible performance.


I do have to say that my favorite part of this movie was that the members of Rascal Flatts play some cousins. I think they're cousins. They never speak, though, so I don't think they made the minimum $50/day, but they do sing, so I'm sure the royalties for the music compensated them. Oh, Josh, there is an alligator part, just so you know. I'm sure we'll be watching this again someday. They don't show the alligator snapping, just the eyes at the rim of the water, so it may not have been that bad for you, but we all thought of you during that scene anyway.


Overall, the movie wasn't too bad. It was actually kinda cute (I know you want to watch it, Jabon) and it made the girls happy, so it was worth the two hours of my life I devoted to Hannah Montana.

4 comments:

Jabon said...

Hey, I'm her biggest fan haven't you heard?

Lori said...

I'm so glad we don't do Hannah here. We have started seeing the Wizards of Waverly Place though. It's Tyler's new favorite Disney show.

Tara Dawn said...

I'm sure we will see it. Cody enjoys watching it, and then so does Jabon, of course! ;)

Jabon said...

your killing me