Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In Front of Closed Doors

Josh and I share a Facebook account. I set it up this way because I knew I wanted to check it out and see what Facebook was really about (thinking it was like blogging, but it's so not), but I wanted to have Josh be apart of it with me. It's been fun to get to see people I haven't seen in years, find friends I forgot I lost, and get to know lots of Josh's friends. In the last few months, he's found some of his cousins that he hasn't seen since before his mission. It's been fun getting to know them, even if it is only through the virtual world of the internet.

In the past, I've done most of the socializing and status updates. Josh did several quizzes and games. But, since Josh has been gone, I've noticed that he has posted his own status updates from time to time. I think it's fairly easy to figure out which are his and which are mine.

For instance:

Me: Shelly Williams Joshua Johnson The day is looking up...school starts Wednesday and just found out that Josh will come visit me the day after my birthday. When life is so hard, it makes the small happy things that much happier!

Josh: Shelly Williams Joshua Johnson Misses his wife and kids!!!! Please just let our house sell, so that we may set up our home here!!

Okay, the pronouns help, but you get the point.

It's rare that we get an overwhelming number of comments on any of our statuses, so imagine my surprise when my email told me that several people had commented on our last status. I was confused because I couldn't remember what clever thing I must've written. When I realized it was probably Josh, I wondered what in the world he would've posted that so many people commented on. This is what his status said:


Shelly Williams Joshua Johnson You know how you feel aweful, and will do anything to avoid, doing number 2 in someone else's house while visiting? Now imagine living in someone else's house and "your" bathroom is the main bathroom right by the master, the office, the kitchen, and the living room. Yeah...I never want to poop again!!!

Evidently, after living with Tara and Jabon for three weeks, Josh is still a little nervous about wearing in his welcome. The reason he wrote this status was because he had just done his business for the second morning in a row, when outside his door he heard Jabon walk by the bathroom and say, "Are you kidding me?"

Jabon's mom is at the house also, watching their boys. His mother said, "I think it's his morning constitutional."

To which Jabon replied, "This has got to stop!"

Josh was mortified, made his comment on Facebook and then went to sleep for 13 hours.

What Josh didn't know was that what was happening on the other side of the door was this:

Jabon just changed Ashton's diaper (Ashton is 2 months older than Millie). Jabon set his son down in the living room and Ashton immediately got that frozen-faced, glossy-eyed look. Then he filled his diaper.

Jabon said, "Are you kidding me?"

Jabon's mom said, "I think it's his morning constitutional."

Jabon said, "This has got to stop!"

The rest is Facebook history.

6 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Oh. my. heck. I am dying! LOL this is seriously one of my favorite stories EVER!

Jabon said...

Truly a moment for the books! Poor guy!

Lori said...

I do think this one tops the charts! Poor Josh. Why does he have so many people reading his status updates? My goodness. :)

Jeri Dawn said...

Ohhh sooo funnny. I love it. That one took me a minute to decide who it was! It's one for the books. Thanks for sharing.

Tara Dawn said...

We were cracking up when we figured out what had happened!

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already. Time has flow by for me, though I am sure it has been very long for you!

And, for the record, he has NOT worn out his welcome.

Jabon said...

Ya, it will take allot longer than three weeks to do that.