Thursday, August 12, 2010

And So It Goes.... Again

Well, the Bloggest Loser is done. Fess Up Fridays ended about four months ago. And I gained weight over the summer.

It's time to start things up again.

This week I made a few goals and have actually stuck by them.

1. I've walked around our neighborhood every morning, despite the 100* heat that makes me sweat like a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest. Especially when that contest is in August in Arizona.

2. I cut out refined sugar this week. No chocolate, candy, cupcakes, brownies, ice cream, all the things I crave. But I've stuck to it. It's just as hard today as it was Sunday when I began. I'm hoping it gets easier, but until it does I'm very conscious of this goal. Very. Next week's focus is simple carbs. Heaven help me and every person I come in contact with. We're all in for a bumpy ride.

I'm thinking of starting up The Bloggest Loser again on September 5, when every kid going back to school should be there and there will be no excuses. Let me know if you want in. Any preferences this time? I'll consider everyone and everything.

Oh, and I'm planning to run in a race in January. It's called London's Run. It was established for a girl here in Queen Creek named London who passed away in 2005 from leukemia. The run was set up to help her family after her death. Every year they do the race again and donate proceeds to local children's charities. When I read that and saw the amount of the entrance fees I decided it would be worth doing. I'm not sure if I'm going to go for the 10k or the 1/2 marathon. Early entrance fees are due by December, so I'll train for a few months and decide at that time. If I weren't typing, I'd be rubbing my hands together in anticipation. I'm gonna do this, dang it.

4 comments:

Carina said...

Ha-ha, love the "Heaven help me and every person I come in contact with."

I hope your kids adjust as well as mine have. They all love brown rice, couscous, wheat pasta & darker green salads now. Of course, they also are talking more and more about breadsticks, homemade pizza and other treasures from the past. You can't win it all.

But, everyone will probably revolt if you don't do something that feels like a treat. Make yummy fruit salads and smoothies. They are a bit of heaven after you take everything else away.

Oh and to help get over the other cravings, get it OUT of the house or at least out of sight. When it is staring me in the face, I am going to eat it, maybe not the first time I see it, but when I am tired, cranky, hungry I will remember it is there.

I am in for the contest. I look forward to a new winner. But don't think I will hand the title over too easily. ;)

Merinda Reeder said...

I am not going to lose any weight. I'm going to gain like two pregnant thirty-somethings... but I have goals.
I am going to go for a walk every day. I am going to drink 100 oz. of water every day.

Starting today, of course, since yesterday and the day before I didn't do it.

Whether or not my goals fit in with the next game, I love the accountability that you allow.

Unknown said...

I'll probbably be running in the 10K..so if you need a rest buddy, I'm there! Jon thinks he can get the extra time off around the race which is good. I'm all about helping charities and things costing less. Now to figure out who gets the kiddos...Poor Josh!

I have goals to lose the extra weight I gained this summer. Stress sure does a funny thing to a person's body!

colds1 said...

Count me in for a new challenge. I've got a goal to lose 17% of my body weight by my birthday. Any motivation I can get between here and there will helpful!