Monday, August 2, 2010

Arachnidism

Saturday our family helped clean the church building to prepare for Sunday services. It was a good thing to do, even if it was at 8:30 in the morning.

I learned something: I participate in Arachnidism.

You may understand what I mean. I am prejudice against spiders.

As I swept up the entryway for a set of doors I found a little beetle. I wondered if it was appropriate to kill a bug in a church building. I figured it would be more Christ-like to allow the bug to live, so I removed it and let it go.

I was pretty proud of myself until we were in the custodian supply room and Matt yelled, "Mom, I huge spider!!"

I pulled the vacuum back and, sure enough, a HUGE water spider scurried around. The thought of being Christ-like didn't even cross my mind. My main thought was: "Kill it!! Kill it!! Kill that disgusting thing!!"

And so, I will allow a little beetle to survive, but woe unto the spiders that cross my path.

I hate you, spiders.

I am an Arachnidist.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Lol! And that spider was probably trying to eat that beetle. Poor spider. I would've done the same thing.