Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dancing Babies

Today we decided to surprise the kids and take them to a matinee to watch "High School Musical 3." It was a cute movie. I was trying to figure out if I would've liked it as a high school senior, and I'm pretty sure the answer is, "Duh." It was all about how great high school is and a musical. What more would I have asked for? My only negative thing was the focus prom had in it. My prom (cotillion) wasn't the highlight of my senior year (thank goodness for you, Min) but other than that I really loved high school and really liked the movie. Afterwards, Matt asked if he could go to the front of the theater to dance to the credits music. This is a tradition I think Josh's mom started with the kids. But, Abby and Matt went to dance. Emma decided to sit with us. Just as I was beginning to wonder if she thought she was too old to go dance, she got up and rocked out with her brother and sister. Thank goodness she hasn't gotten too old for everything yet. The three of them danced at the very front of the theater, right in front of the screen, and seemed to really like the movie. I love that they find so much pleasure in music. I love that my husband sees it important for us to do things like go to the movies together. I love that I have so many good memories of my own high school years. It was a good night.

3 comments:

colds1 said...

I saw the title of this one on my RSS feed and thought it would have something to do with Millie (can you tell where my focus is lately?!). That could also be because mine is tap dancing away on my gizzards and Kevin keeps laughing at me for telling my stomach to "knock it off!"

Shelly said...

Josh thought I should add that Cindy wasn't far off about Millie. She was dancing around during the movie too. She loves music, including everytime we watch "Dancing With the Stars".

Merinda Reeder said...

Yay! Dancing in me too! Shlly - what DID we do for Cotillion? Did we hang out at your house or something? blank. totally blank. Just know that I didn't go to the dance.