Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

I thought I'd finally get online and update everyone on our Christmas happenings this year.

We had a wonderful Christmas with the family that was here in Montana. Millie and I were released from the hospital Christmas Eve and we spent the evening at Mom and Dad's house where we read Luke 2 and The Cajun Night Before Christmas. When we got home that night the kids were allowed to open the gifts that they had gotten for each other. They thought that was really fun. Emma gave Millie a doll and toy, Abby gave Matt some monster trucks, Matt gave Emma a talking bird doll, and Millie gave Abby a cosmetic set.

Christmas morning we slept in a bit, all the way until almost 8:30! It was nice. We opened up the presents under the tree, including some that Poppy and Mema had each sent. Then we spent the afternoon and evening back at Mom and Dad's. Everyone there had waited for us to show up before they began opening their presents. We exchanged gifts with Mom and Dad, as well as Pete and Genica. Gramma, Grampa, and my aunt and uncle had left some gifts for us there. Everyone was so generous and we love being able to be so close to so many of our family that we haven't had the chance to really bond with before.

By Christmas night I was wiped out and we needed to head home. Millie slept all day long. I don't know that she was awake for even an accumulated hour. Needless to say, our nights have been very, very long. We took plenty of pictures Christmas day and I thought I'd share them in the form of a slideshow I made. Our camera died before the day was over, so more fun was had than is shown, but I think you get the idea. I'll add the slideshow on the sidebar as soon as I can. Unfortunately, hungry babies don't wait until you're done with something before they begin crying!

1 comment:

Tara Bennett said...

Sounds like a perfect day!