Thursday, December 4, 2008

Picture Mania


I decided to download some of my more recent pictures. I've got to get into the habit of taking more pictures more often. I don't want to be one of those parents with no pictures of the younger kids. And it's not because I never had any pictures taken of me when I was a kid. But my poor siblings...

Anyway, I've begun to complete some of my projects for Christmas. I decided to be a little thrifty and finish some of the projects that I began once upon a time for each of the kids. Well, all but Millie. I haven't had a chance to flake out on making her something yet. But, give me time. I made this cross stitch of Mickey and friends for Abby. I got this pattern not long after we went to Disneyland with Josh's family. That was in February 2003. But now it's done and all I have to do is wash, press, and frame it.

The Winnie the Pooh cross stitch is for Emma. I chose this one for her because when we went to Disneyland she was almost two and was afraid of every character we came across except Pooh Bear. It was very, very sweet. This one is also ready to be washed, pressed and framed.

For Matt, I decided to go with the quilt I began for him this past March. Gramma Williams has been giving me lessons on quilting and I finally finished the quilttop last night. Now I'll go over to her house tomorrow for my actual quilting lesson. Gramma designed the top for me. We used John Deere patterns and colors. I think it's going to be a hit. It turned out even better than I expected, if I say so myself.

So, we've been pretty preoccupied with newborn babies in our house lately. Everyday Matt and I watch different birth stories "A Baby Story" or "The Baby Diaries." Matt really gets into it. In fact, he gets upset at me if I go to change the channel. He likes to see if the baby is a boy or twins especially. Anyway, he came into my room this morning to wake me up and I asked him to give me a few more minutes. He sat down on the floor next to the bed waiting for me. I reached over and toussled his hair. He grabbed my hand and as he held it in both of his hands he told me that he'll hold my hand "like this" when I have Millie. He won't squeeze hard, though, because that will hurt me. What a sweetheart. We may have a problem when he begins to understand that he won't be able to be in the OR when Millie is born. I really hope he protects his sisters as much as he protects me.

Abby got to use foam rollers the other night. She was so excited. So, here are the before/after pictures. She was so excited because she was so beautiful. Also, she thought it was really cool that her hair looked shorter with the curls in it. Poor Emma missed the camera this time around. I'll have to get more of her later.













1 comment:

Tara Dawn said...

I made the exact same cross stitch of the Disney crew you had made for Abby for Cody. It's also ready to be washed, pressed, and framed and has been since 2003! I started it in 2000 right after Jabon and I got married, put it in a box, and finished it in '03. BTW, the quilt looks really good! You did a great job with it!