Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Our favorite Christmas present

Abby, Matt, Emma, and Millie

Our three princesses

Dad holds Millie


Grandma helps Matt hold his little sister.
The day before she was born, Josh asked Matt if he was ready to become a big brother.

He said, "I not a big brother! I Mommy's little boy!"



Dad and Mom looking at their 10th grandchild.



No one can ever convince me that miracles have ceased. Here I sit holding my beautiful little girl. It turns out that c-sections aren't so bad even if you do have a phobia of needles and such. The worst part of the whole thing was waiting 2 hours for everything to begin. I have to admit that the surrealism I experienced was a bit overwhelming...I couldn't believe I was about to have a baby. Not being able to see her right away made it more difficult, but it doesn't take long to fall in love with such a perfect girl!


Our little Millie has a number of similarities with her brother and sisters: she looks a lot like Emma when she was a few days old, she's a good eater like Abby, and she has a stork bite on her forehead like Matt.

But there are a few big differences. She won't take a pacifier and the other kids lived for theirs. Her timing is so different. Not only is she so much younger than the other kids (the difference in Matt and Emma's ages is less than the difference between Matt and Millie), but their birthdays are in April, May and June and Millie's is way out in December. Millie is the only one of our kids born with a significant amount of hair--and it's dark! It's amazing how different every child is!

3 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Well, they say the best gifts come in small packages. From these pictures, I would have to agree! She's PERFECT!

Hey I want to send something for little Millie. Will you email your address???

Congrats!!!

Merinda Reeder said...

YAY!!

Jabon said...

I can't wait to see her. Well Merry Christmas!