Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior!"

So, we know I like to shock people a bit. Tonight I shocked the lady at Walmart and I totally didn't mean to. For Christmas we got Emma and Abby cd players for their room so they can have some music. We got them cd cases since I'll just burn discs for them, but when we picked them up at Walmart today we didn't realize that we were only charged for one case. I looked at the receipt tonight, noticed the error and went back to Walmart to pay for our second case. I got up to Customer Service and told the lady about my situation. She took a double take, paused and asked, "So, do you want me to charge you for the second case?" I felt my face blush a bit when I said, "Well, I thought it was the honest thing to do." She kind of stuttered a bit, agreed it is honest and said, "That just doesn't happen very often." On the one hand, I felt good about doing the right thing. On the other, I felt sad that it was so shocking that someone would do the right thing. If nothing else, shouldn't this time of year remind us of the importance of being Christlike?

This is probably my last post as a mother of three. Millie will be here in no less than 34 hours. Can you believe it? I'm still having a hard time accepting the reality that I'm pregnant. I'll have to hold her in my arms to believe she's actually our daughter. But, if you have the chance, pray for me. I need all the divine peace possible. Josh told me that the hospital has internet and guest logins, so I may be able to update everyone very quickly after she's born--if I'm not too busy ogling over my new little girl!

Everyone, have a great weekend!
(By the way, can anyone name the movie my title comes from?)

4 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

I cannot wait for Millie to come!!! Please let us know and show us her beautiful little face! Love you. xo

Merinda Reeder said...

Yay - Baby tomorrow. Thats' WILD.
I'm thinking happy thoughts your way.

colds1 said...

Can I name that move? Ha! "Oh, Rexy! You're so sexy!" Good luck tomorrow and "Don't let the man get you down!"

Celine said...

Oh my Shelly! I'm posting this comment and you might already be in the hospital giving birth to Millie!
How exciting!!
PS: you totally did the right thing about the CD case! Kudos to you!