Saturday, July 11, 2009

More Teeth Issues

My baby is getting too big too fast. Millie's first tooth broke through today. Nooooo! She's too young!!! Take me instead!!! Wait, sorry about that. Have we established the fact that I get a little melodramatic?

But, really, I'm so happy my baby is getting bigger and stronger, but does she really have to prove to me that she's not a newborn anymore? I'm a bit bummed. On the other hand, she is such a calm baby. Like, what-the-heck?-calm. About a week ago she started to get fussy and I thought it was probably her teeth. The buds had just begun to show, so with the other kids that meant that we had several weeks of fussing and gnawing before those buds broke through to become teeth. But, this is Millie we're talking about. She's the anomaly. Hardly any fussing, hardly any grinding, and her teeth have begun to pop up.

I know I can't take it for granted. She is having a little more difficulty falling asleep, so I have to adjust our routines based on that. I'm a bit nervous about it because tomorrow may be trouble. Every Sunday I sit with the 4-year-olds at church for two hours. It's called the Sunbeam class. These kids are cute and vivacious and energetic. Yeah, those last two words are synonyms, but have you ever spent two hours trying to keep 6 to 8 4-year-olds sitting in their chairs and listening to the lesson? And all I have to do is assist. It's always complicated on the Sundays that Josh is working. Try as he might he cannot stay awake for church, and I don't push him because he needs sleep to work at least three more nights. But when Millie sat in her carseat sleeping, she was still a major distraction. Lately she hasn't been sleeping during class. And even lately-er she's been a bit active during class. Tomorrow I am teaching the lesson and will be the only adult in the room with all the crazy-active little kids. And, you guessed it, Josh is working this weekend. I'm praying that Millie will be able to relax and be a good girl. And that lots of families will be on vacation.

4 comments:

Crisanne said...

Shelly, how was Sunbeams today? Hopefully not too bad! I was just called to this same class, and it has been a trial to me! There is one little problem boy. This was my 3rd Sunday, and things are improving. Of course a member of the Bishopric has sat in my class today and last week to help control this little guy. My first Sunday I was in tears! Luckily the Primary President came in when she heard him screaming and kicking the walls. She promptly removed him and took him to his Dad. Oh, I guess I should mention that this little stinker happens to be my son...

Lori said...

I hope class went good today. It's always hard when the daddy's are working. Poor little Millie and those darn teeth. Why do they have to be such a pain?

Tara Dawn said...

Teeth-yay! That is so nice of her to be so calm about it. What a good little girl!

Hope church went ok enough. I am glad I don't have to worry about that-knock on wood.

Kayleen said...

I don't think that I read this post... I was asked to be the "perma-sub" in my wards sunbeam class too, my daughters class... I did it for about 6 weeks and then gave up. I shouldn't have to be the only parent that can help right?... It isn't an easy thing... sundays in general I think... and for sure without a husband. Glad that it turned out ok for you though.