Monday, June 21, 2010

The Bloggest Loser -- Week Nine

Last week's winner was Mindy in her weight loss. Congrats, Min!

We are going to extend the competition to the 31st of July. That gives us all another five weeks to accomplish our goals. Whew. Let's do this, People!!

I'm late with this week's post because Abby was baptized on Saturday and we've had a wonderful time with so many of our family members here visiting. It's been awesome. But, I've overeaten and slacked on my exercise this week. Time to get back up and going. Tomorrow will be fun to reintroduce my muscles to those exercises they so desperately do NOT want to do. It's a good thing I'm mean like that and like to make things do something they don't want to. I get pleasure out of it. So, HA, Muscles. I'll make you nice and miserable tomorrow!

Do you ever eat too much and then think, "I'll start eating better tomorrow and it will confuse my body and I'll just dump a whole bunch of weight really fast!"? I may be the only one that thinks that. I'm still waiting for the huge dump of weight, though.

With summer in full swing, what are the activities you are doing that are helping you lose weight? Any seasonal ideas you'd like to share that we can all do? And remember to tell me how you've been doing. What's your weight loss for the week? Mine was nothing. But then, I've got a great amount of catch up to do and maybe I'll do better this week. Here's the calculator. It's a different website than usual because our usual one wasn't working. Don't know if it's gone for good or what. But, do your thing and leave your comment!

4 comments:

Carina said...

The old calculator is working. I did the new one and I knew I did better than what it said so I clicked on the link from your other post. I had 1.41% weight loss. I was excited because I met my goal for loss by Father's Day. :)

I am loving summer. We have been hiking our butts off, playing basketball (or variations of it) going on 1-4 mile walks, playing frisbee, going swimming and jumping on the trampoline. I am also supposed to be playing volleyball with the stake, a good workout when I go. I haven't ridden a bike since I was a teenager, but I want to get one and go on family bike rides. Soccer, baseball, and outrageous water fights are other great ways to get moving. We are planning on having an Olympic FHE to challenge our abilities, have fun and be active. My husband & I had a fun game of CHICKEN Layup Basketball after the kids went to bed and it was tons of fun. We did layups so we were moving more. He was the Chicken, I felt good. Find something you like to do and get the family involved, it makes it so much easier to achieve and the kids behave better when they have been active. Kick those muscles in gear you Big Meanie! You can do it!!!

Carina said...

I forgot to mention how all of this activity has been great for our family relationships. The kids have been more considerate and happy. On hikes they wait for me when I am huffing like the Big Bad Wolf and hold each other's hands and cheer each other on when someone wants to stop. It is more than I could have hoped for. My husband & I have a good time challenging each other and doing a little flirtatious teasing when we are playing a game or doing other activities. So look at it as exercise and family and marriage bonding time.

Lucky Larson's said...

After being with my mom for the last 10 days I am better than I thought. I have gained fat--I can see it on my body, but I lost a little weight, which means I am sure it was all muscle!

I signed up to run a 5K on July 24 weekend---I can do it and hopefully it will help me reach my goal!

Thanks for extending this!
I had a 1% weight lost, but I am not counting it since I KNOW I gained fat this week.

colds1 said...

Got a goose egg here ... but those pumpkin muffins were SOOOOO good! I froze the rest so they won't as easily tempt me.

Also, I got the green light to start the exercising ... let the guilt begin!

My real problem is that I'm breastfeeding. I'm constantly starving and thirsty. Also, my track record suggests that I don't lose much while nursing ... sigh. I read an article that says nursing moms maintain about 15 extra pounds of fat so that their body has a ready source for producing milk should starvation or such arise. Oh to not be the norm on that one. Here's hoping!