Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Bloggest Loser -- Week Ten

Last week's winner for the most weight lost was Carina with 1.41% lost. Congrats, Carina! You've had a really steady loss each week. That's great!!

My story is stuck in my rut. I don't know why I do this. I think my head has decided that I'm fine the way I am. I'm thinner than I used to be, which is good. And I have no major health risks or concerns, which is also good. It's just my vanity I'm trying to appease. If I can't get past this hump, then I guess that means I'm not a very vain person after all. Yeah, tell my ego that.

I did really well a few weeks ago when I wrote out my goals for the week. I'm going to try that again.

1. Do not eat after I put the kids to bed.

2. No candy or sugary snacks.

3. Exercise five days.

4. Drink three to four jugs of water.

5. Go on a bike ride every night possible.

6. Read my scriptures and Ensign everyday.

I have been loving going on family bike rides with the kids. Josh has been at work most of the nights we've gone, but it's still been nice to get out and ride around our neighborhood a little bit. The only trouble is that we have to go at night because otherwise it's over 100 degrees, but we can't go too late because the kids have to go to bed. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to leave the kids and just go alone so I have to cater to their schedules. It's tricky, but I like going.

So, calculate your loss for the week. I had troubles with the old calculator again, so it's the newer one. Let me know how your week went. Also, my friend Amy asked me to talk a little about all the contestants. So, even if you didn't lose any weight, leave a comment. I'll try to think of something nice to say about you. ;)

4 comments:

colds1 said...

Down .8% bummer. But if I weigh myself just AFTER getting out of the shower, I gain three pounds (apparently I do weigh more soaking wet).

I got the go ahead to resume physical activity - "just start out slow." So I may give some of that a try ...

colds1 said...

If I'm the only one to comment, do I get to read a whole post about just how wonderful I am?!!!

Carina said...

Who-hoo! I am excited for you Shelly! It is too bad that it is too hot to enjoy the bike rides earlier, but I am glad that you are out having a good time. I am envious of you though, I want a bike, well I say that until I get back on and CRY because my butt hurts. ;)

We went on a fun family vacation and did a lot of hiking, but I did not quite eat the way I wanted to. I still tried to be careful, but it wasn't easy. I haven't weighed in yet, so I didn't post earlier. I have had 2-3 extra kids full time lately and so I haven't been able to do it yet. My in home scale had to hit the curb because it was never right. I will post soon.

Carina said...

OK, I haven't been able to weigh in and it is too close to the next week so I will wait until then. Sorry Shelly! I hope people are still doing the contest, it is really just about self-improvement and cheering each other on. Ladies, don't give up because you didn't have the highest numbers, in fact I would love to see someone post some big numbers and knock me off last week's podium with dust flying. I love that you include reading your scriptures as part of your personal growth. It may be a reminder to the rest of us. I sure do love ya and am thankful that you are doing this. I will post my weight soon.