Thursday, June 10, 2010

Monkey See....

.....Monkey Do.

The monkey in this cliche is our little Millie.

The big kids played on the Slip 'n' Slide.


And after Josh lovingly threw Millie down the slide, she decided it was actually fun.











Millie also played "Monkey Do" after watching me work out yesterday. We'd tell her, "Go exercise!" and she'd run forward five or six steps, stop, and do a squat. Then she'd run another five or six steps, stop, and do a squat. It was the funniest thing ever.


I'm pretty sure she learned to Monkey Do from her mommy. Tara is exactly three years younger than me. She copied me when she was born on my third birthday. She just had to have my birthday. And now I'm paying her back. A couple years ago Tara got new couches and so did we. The same style from the same company. Of course, this was a huge coincidence since we were living 1800 miles apart and had never been to each other's new houses. Then we bought a house in Tara's neighborhood. When you stand on the street facing our two houses, Tara's is the second house on the left of the vacant lots. Ours is the second on the right. And the final straw: I bought the same style of kitchen garbage can. Yep. Copying my sister.


Monkey See, Monkey Do.

No comments: