Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Anniversary Adventure

Last night we took the kids to see the view from South Mountain.  South Mountain sits south of Phoenix and from the summit you can see most of the Valley of the Sun.  It's quite phenomenal.


Behind the kids is the east side of the city of Phoenix.  I didn't appreciate it when we lived here so many years ago, but there is a certain beauty to the desert.  It's different than the mountains I love, but it has its own sense of enchantment.

The progression of the sun setting over the west end of Phoenix:






We wound our way to another lookout site and found the East Valley, where we live.  From what we can tell, the line of lights on the left is US Hwy 60.  Somewhere along the horizon on the right is where we live. 

Do you see us?


I think I'm starting to get used to this place.  Brown still is not my favorite color, but it's tolerable.  I even unpacked the four big boxes of junk in our bedroom yesterday.  I think that's my mind's way of acknowledging our year mark in Arizona.  That's right.  Our Year Mark. 

One year ago today I packed up my four children, all of our possessions, and along with my dad, began the journey to bring us from Montana to Arizona. 

A year!  I'm still wrapping my head around that.

5 comments:

colds1 said...

Dang. That means it has been a year since I saw you last. We really need to fix that ...

Merinda Reeder said...

congratulations on the year.

Lori said...

Pics are beautimus. And happy one year anniversary!

Jabon said...

good job getting out and seeing new things. That is the best way to get to like/love this place. There is soooo many cool things do do here and most of them are close to our houses.

Tara Dawn said...

I love our sunsets here.