Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Newest Annoying Fad

There's a new fad in today's kids' world.



Silly Bandz

Who the heck figured this one out? I can just see the marketing meeting....


"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I'm a moron. Let's convince kids to whine for a
bunch of rubber bands. They can twist them around their extremities and leave
them laying around for little brothers and sisters to swallow. What's that you
say? You think that may be dangerous? Well then we'll make the band narrow
enough so they'll just digest it in, like, seven years. No biggie. Cheap to
manufacture, so the more they lose, the more they'll buy. It's genius, I tell
you! Did I mention that I'm a moron?"



I think each generation has their own "thing" that annoys their parents. My brothers collected pogs. There were some sort of Pokemon cards in our house too. My parents hated the few Garbage Pail Kids cards someone had given me. I wasn't allowed to buy them, but somehow I ended up with a modest dozen or so.


(This was the least disturbing one I could find.)

Looking back now, those things were gross. Why did I keep them? I think it's because all kids like to collect things. As disgusting as those cards were, at least they didn't snap any little 2-year-olds on the wrist. Our house is now down one Silly Bandz.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I know!!!! It's just ridiculous. My MIL turned my boys onto them. Apparently they needed it.