Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How's School?

It's nearly midterms at the kids' school. That's what happens when you start school at the beginning of August, I guess.

So far.....


Emma is loving her class and playing clarinet. She's having fun with her friends and is doing well in class. We've just got to get that girl's multiplication tables down!!


Abby says she hates school, but I volunteered in her class the last two mornings and she has friends and is very smart. I'm not sure what her deal is, except she needs to do her thing on her terms. Always.

Matt has had a little bit of a tough time settling. He's doing pretty well in class, but he's a quiet kid that other kids like to pick on for some reason. He just takes it until he finally hits a breaking point and gets angry. He's hit this point a couple of times this year and gotten into trouble for it. My problem is not getting any communication from the teacher. It's been upsetting me, but I'm really not a confrontational person, despite my angry letters to our neighbor's tree and other such things. The neighbor's tree can't talk back. So I'm trying to get over it. I let the teacher know what's going on and now I'm hoping she keeps everything in mind. He seems to be doing a lot better this week and I'm hoping the bullying has stopped.


Millie, however, seems to be loving the time home with Mommy and Daddy. It's pretty quiet during her nap time. I can easily get used to this!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I can't believe it's almost their midterm! That's too crazy. I'm glad to hear the positives. I'm sorry Matt was having a hard time. That hurts my heart. I hope things start looking up!

Jabon said...

We need to teach Matt some moves that knock a person out quietly so the teacher doesn't know who did it!

Carina said...

I hope they all adjust really soon. I am glad that you talked to the teacher. It has always helped when I have kept an open communication with the teachers.

I am sure you love that nap time and the time alone with Millie.