Saturday, September 4, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Football season has begun. Actually, for all I know it began a month ago. I really have no idea. But today was the first game for my nephew's Pop Warner team.

I enjoy going and supporting Cody. It's important to do that. He practices in full pads in Arizona. Have I mentioned how hot it is here? Plus, he's a good kid and I love him.

As we sat there trying to watch his game I realized that my passion for football has waned a bit. I used to love going to the football games in high school.



But today it was kind of hard to enjoy the game. Maybe it was because it was 108 degrees and we had no shade. Maybe it was because there was no score board or announcer telling me what was happening so I had to pay attention. Maybe it was because I had a cranky 20-month-old that was trying to roam around on bleachers and I was just waiting for her to fall and break her head.
I'm thinking a lot of the reason why I enjoyed football in high school had very little to do with the game itself. I think it was mostly because of the beefy, muscle-y players wearing tight pants.
But despite the lack of announcers or hot players, I still hope to be able to rally and support Cody throughout his season. Even if it will be from my house with a baby in her bed sleeping during naptime.
If I stand on my front porch and yell really loud, maybe he can still hear me.
GO EAGLES!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Go Eagles! And Go Cody for playing and practicing in those pads in AZ!!!!! I still have to be the cheerleader from another state. :) Yay, yay, goooooooo Cody!!

Tara Dawn said...

Thanks, sisters. Shelly, it is actually the San Tan Youth Football League. Different than Pop Warner. With PW you travel to almost all the neighboring cities and compete, with STYFL it is just here in QC. It is hard to go to the games now for those reasons, but Cody understands and will accept your support in whichever way it comes!