Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Joys of Getting Older

It's going to be my birthday next week.

I have a lot of reminders all around me that I'm getting older.

I'm the oldest of my brothers and sisters.

I'm older than all my siblings-in-law.

I was one of the oldest in my graduating class, both high school and college.

And I'm three weeks older than my husband. He doesn't let me forget that.

So to make myself feel better, here are some I'm NOT older than:
Betty White
Sean Connery
Methuselah
The Acropolis in Athens, Greece

So, happy almost-birthday to me.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Hee Hee Hee. You're old.:) :) :D

Carina said...

Betty White is still pretty and sweet. Sean Connery is still hot! When he talks, oh yeah.

The other things well, thankfully we don't live that long anymore. Can you imagine the sagging? There would have to be someone holding the train of sag behind me. ;)

Celebrate all you can. You are really just getting better not older. Just like cheese. :D

colds1 said...

My husband is older than you and he's a sort of pseudo in-law ... You're welcome. I know that made your day better.

Tara Dawn said...

I think you're being a little over-dramatic, don't you? There's LOTS more people older than you. Of course, there are more people younger than you, but that's only 'cuz you die when you get old.

Unknown said...

Jon is older than you! ;)

Jabon said...

I think Carina called you an old and smelly cheese... just saying