Friday, June 26, 2009

'Fess Up Friday and a Trip to the Pediatrician

It's Friday. I admit that I exercised this week, but I forgot to weigh myself this morning. My mojo has definitely taken a hit lately. I'm going to weigh in and measure tomorrow. That will be good. I've decided to alter my goal. After having such a long plateau, there is no way I can healthily accomplish my goal of 132 lbs by September 16th. What's so frustrating is that I was working toward my goal, but my body rebelled. Ugh. So, my new goal is to lose a pound a week. I hate that I have to alter things, but that's much better to do than to do something drastic and unhealthy or just be upset at myself for failing.

More about our Friday...today I took the kids in for their well-child checkups. All four of them. That wouldn't have been such a big deal except that shots were involved. I knew Millie would need shots, since it was her 6 month checkup. And I knew Matt would need the rest of his kindergarten shots. I did NOT know that Emma was going to need Hep A shots. Okay, shot. But, with how much she FREAKED out, you would've thought the nurse was blindfolding her and offering her her final cigarette. She and Matt cried so much that they both upset Millie and she cried and cried and then got her shots and then cried and then shut down and fell asleep before we left the doctor's office. Abby was originally told she'd need a shot too, but then she didn't. Then she cried because she wanted a shot. Note to self: all four kids at once may not be the way to go in the future. During Emma's freak out I was laughing my guts out. I was holding her in my lap and she thrashed and screamed and cried and I tried to control my laughter. If I were a good mom (and/or a liar) I'd say I laughed to keep from crying. But, I think I laughed because it was such a ridiculous situation. Absurdity. That's the theme of the Johnsons' lifestyle.

So, that was my Friday and my confession for the week. How'd you do?

5 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so glad that your drama is yours and not mine! :) I love your kids to death!

Sometimes it's better to alter your goal. I've learned that if you get mad at yourself for not reaching your goal, you just stop altogether. Keep at it. No matter what the outcome is! You're doing so great!!

Kayleen said...

A pound a week is a good steady goal. And it is healthy too. I did ok this week. Didn't run a lot, but walked a lot. I have decided that it is much easier to run in the cool than it is to run in the heat, and since summer decided to come this week, it really sucked! Next week is the 5k that we have been training for, so I will let you know my time for that!

My hubby said that there is a nurse position open out at Dougway with the Army. Don't know if that appeals to you or not. You could move all the way out here, and then WE could be exercise buddies on more than a virtual level... :)

Tara Dawn said...

That is so funny! Makes me wonder how Emma would do at my work.

Today I day dreamed about being a runner and having you join me in the Breast Cancer 3 day walk/run that is held here in November. I think it would be cool. Jabon and I are possibly going to try to run at night once his mom is here to stay in with the kids. I am hoping my knees can build muscle and not kill so much. We'll see.

I did much more work and school work than exercise again this week. Summer semesters are a major overload!

Merinda Reeder said...

Yikes. I need to kick start something... and not desserts.
The shots drama is great. I laugh at the wrong places too; I think you're as good a mom as I would be in the same place.

Unknown said...

It's ok, I laugh at shots too. If they could just suck it up and take it, it wouldn't hurt nearly as bad. Thanks for the laugh-I needed it!