Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Last Week of School

This is the last week of school. Everyone else I know is out now. My poor girls have another two and a half days. I'm happy they're still kept busy during the day (because summer vacation gets boring after a while), but I'm tired of not being able to sleep in. I know. I'm selfish--either I want them in school to get them out of my hair or I want them home so I can sleep. It's always about me!!!

Abby is having a luau the last two days of school, so she gets to reuse the luau garb she got for her birthday party. Emma is having an Olympics. Somehow, I'm in charge of it. At the beginning of the year the teachers sent around papers asking parents how involved they'd like to be in their child's education. Of course I want to be involved, but I didn't know I was going to be a go-to-mom. At Halloween I organized the parental help for the second grade's roundup. Now I'm doing the same thing for the Year End Olympics. And it's not just Emma's classroom, it's all three 2nd grade classes. I so don't get it. I guess I should feel good that I'm trusted with the responsibility, but now I know to be a lot more conservative in the boxes I mark of the things I'm willing to do.

At any rate, it's almost summertime!

2 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Awesome! I'm sitting here from the safety of my couch thinking, "I want to be the involved parent"
It's probably easier for me to say that than to be you doing it.
Way to go!

Tara Dawn said...

That is the exact reason why I am a conservative helping parent. However, I have only helped one year w/Cody's schooling because I work and most other moms don't. Oh well. Hope you have fun and don't stress too much!