Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Matt-ee-oh!

Today is Matt's birthday. Oh, the memories! I think of everything Matt has endured in his five years on Earth and I thank our Heavenly Father that Matt-Matt is here with us. He's very good-natured and loving and happy. He's a good boy and I'm lucky to be his mom.

So, for his birthday, Matt got some cool clothes and such from his Mema and Poppy, both of whom are in Colorado. Lori got him some cool jets while she was here visiting.


Mom and Dad got Matt some K-nex. Matt loves to build things. He really, really loves to build things. His creations are such a big deal to him and I've had to teach the girls to be respectful of them. I didn't realize how much had been drilled in until the cousins were over and I heard Abby tell Trenton, "Be careful, those are Matt's and they're very important to him!"


Josh and I went the easy route and combined Matt's likes in his two gifts from us. Matt LOVES Wolverine and motorcycles. So, he got...

Wolverine on a motorcycle!

He also likes Star Wars, Transformers, and jets. So we also got him...

A Transformer that is a Star Wars jet that changes to a trooper robot!

Matt asked for a Spider-Man cake. So, I tried to be fancy and this is what I came up with.

I think you get the picture of what it was supposed to look like. I only had two candles though (oops!) and I wrote Happy Birthday Matt along the sides of the cake. I guess it wasn't too bad. If you looked at it from a distance. A very far distance.

Today is also Tara and Jabon's anniversary. Tara and I are three years apart, but we have a lot of dates in common. We're about 45 minutes shy of being exactly three years apart. She was born right before my third birthday party, and she's tried to continue to steal my thunder ever since. (That's just a joke, Abby, I mean, Tara.) Tara and Jabon's anniversary is the same day as Matt's birthday--that one was Matt trying to steal their thunder. Our youngest children are exactly two months apart. Her oldest son, Cody, has his birthday the day before Josh's. Just a lot of similar dates.

And, I can't post this without showing you Millie's latest escapades.


Matt and Millie were playing under the table together. They were both giggling their heads off. It was so funny.
Fun times in the Johnson Household.

3 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Happy Bday to Matt-Matt! I love the Spidey cake - you're so talented! I love how your presents for Matt are soooo perfect. I love those K-nex things. I got some for my nephew a couple years ago, and it was such a hit that I now get those (or there's another brand I sometimes get) for all the nephew's bday. Millie's giggling is so cute! She's getting so big!!!

Lori said...

I love the movie. It's so fun to hear babies giggle. Seeing what Matt got for his birthday has given Tyler some ideas. So I told him to write it all down. Be prepared... you may get an email with a birthday request list on it!

Tara Dawn said...

Cute video! I hope Matt-me had a great 5th birthday. He is looking so much bigger! (And of course Millie is too!)

Can't wait to see you guys.