Friday, June 19, 2009

'Fess Up Friday

Help me!! I took the week off AGAIN! It started out busy and I just never regained. But, I wasn't completely inanimately watching tv. We did tons of yard work this week. Josh did the lawn and I weeded. And then I weeded. And then I weeded the raspberries (they're mean little suckers). Then we weeded the front flower beds. These boogers have been bugging me since we first moved in a year ago. The previous couple, who lived here for 16 years, had done a lot to the property and kept it up very well, but the wife loved the wildflower look in these blasted flower beds. I couldn't tell what was weeds and what was flowers last summer, plus I was pregnant, so the beds went out of control. Plus, we have this family of garter snakes living under our front steps that feed off of the neverending supply of bugs on those darn wildflowers, so the whole thing HAD TO GO!

And go it did. We sprayed everything DEAD. Then Josh and my dad shoveled the DEAD stuff out. So then it was BARE. We put down weed block and rocks and I planted a couple of petunias and it looks so pretty now. It's so nice. (In case you need guidance as to my mood at this moment, the caps are me yelling through gritted teeth. That's right. I haven't had enough sleep this weekend and I'm a little loopy and you know you LOVE it.)

Anyway, back to the excuses for not exercising, Josh and I went to get this rock to lay down. At Ace Hardware, mulch was about $13 for a bag that covered 10 sq ft. I was using a gift card we got and that was going to put me over budget. Instead, I bought the weed block and flowers. So we went to a sand and gravel company in town and paid $18 for over 2600 lbs of rock. Yes, 2600 LBS! Josh, my everlovin' stud of a husband shoveled all that rock out of the back of the truck and into the beds. Then I raked it level. Plus, I used my foot to push it. Sometimes that was easier than the rake. So, I got work outs, just not "official" ones. But, they start again on Monday. They have to or I'll have to punish myself. Don't ask me how. I'm full of empty threats. Just ask my kids.

So, I just fessed up to more than I should have. How'd you do?

(BTW, Kayleen, I don't have a workout buddy. It's too hard to ask someone to workout with me. First, I don't know who to ask, second, my living room is too small for two people to workout in, and third, I have to work around an ever-changing nursing schedule. So for now I just have virtual workout buddies--you guys.)

4 comments:

Tara Dawn said...

I am so jealous of the price you paid for rocks! That is the last thing we need for our back yard (for the most part) and I am scared!!

I took the week off too, except for one day. :) And I've been stressed at work and bcuz of school so that means I ate worse this week than I would have normally. Unfortunately, I have no idea when I'm gonna get back on my bandwagon. My biggest concern is adding on the pounds that I have been working so hard to take off--so remembering that does help me a little bit.

Kayleen said...

I spent my week in rocks too. Just not buying them, wishing that someone would come and take them so I didn't have to move them.... It was a long week. My running didn't do so great this week. Oh well. I do know what you mean with the rotating schedule. I have been there. And I don't mind being your virtual exercise partner! You go girl!

Merinda Reeder said...

another wimpy week here too. two workouts; but they were really good workouts. If Clinton doens't get home til 11:00, I can't go get him from the metro station until 11:00 and I can't put the girls to bed until 11:15. I'm not getting up at 4:40 the next morning. That was the most extreme excuse - but a good one, right?

Lori said...

I would say that the weeding and the rocks are a pretty darn good workout. Coming from someone that is too scared to do anything right now. My stomach area has been giving me trouble again this past week. I am really starting to not like my insides! Ok. Too much info! I did however go and buy a workout ball. Now all I need is an stomach that can handle the workout.