Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dear John

Tonight we turned on the movie Grease. Love that movie. I got to thinking (as I usually do). If our generation were to redo this movie, and that's always a possibility these days, who would be cast?

Can anyone replace John Travolta as Danny Zuko? It just doesn't seem right. We've seen that not all movies can get away with a sequel. I love Michelle Pfeiffer, but Grease 2 was laaaaame!

So, it's been a while, but here's a quote game using John Travolta movies. I've seen each of these movies at least five times, so hopefully they will be recognizable enough.

#1: John Travolta (JT): Okay, so what we do here is give the target a quick flyover, we adjust the trajectory, and then land dead center. Am I missing anything, Rhino?
Rhino: Just the knowledge that every minute spent in your company becomes the new greatest minute of my life!

#2: JT: You know, I invented marriage.
Pansy: Oh, really?
JT: Yep. All these people were milling around, trying to get together, everything was in chaos so I told 'em, "Have a ceremony."

#3: Dr.: All right, I'll start the questions and I'll be timing your responses and we'll be recording. Any questions?
JT: What's your first name?
Dr.: Uh, my first name is Bob.
JT: Shoot, Bob.
Dr.: Right. Name as many mammals as you can in 60 seconds. Ready? Go.
JT: Hmm. Sixty seconds. Well, how would you like that? How about alphabetical? Aardvark, baboon, caribou, dolphin, eohippus, fox, gorilla, hyena, ibex, jackal, kangaroo, lion, marmoset, Newfoundland, ocelot, panda, rat, sloth, tiger, unicorn, varmint, whale, yak, zebra. Now "varmint" is a stretch; so is "Newfoundland" (that's a dog breed); "unicorn" is mythical; "eohippus" is prehistoric. But you weren't being very specific, now, were you, Bob?

#4: JT: Whoa! You really got your figure back, didn't you?
Mollie: This is not my figure!
JT: Well then, you got Dolly Parton's figure back!

#5: JT: That's cool, Baby. You know how it is, rockin' and rollin' and whatnot.

There are other movies that he's done that I like, but I couldn't track down any good lines he had. For instance, I like Be Cool. Dwayne Johnson is hilarious! Also, I like Wild Hogs. So funny. And I haven't seen Hairspray yet. We've gotta find that one in the Redbox sometime.


Anyway, have fun.

5 comments:

Lucky Larson's said...

HOW FUN!! Who would I recast--I will have to think about that one and get back to you--Please LOVE the quotes--recognize them, but don't know where they all came from. you have GOT to see Hairspray! I loved it--but then again I loved Grease 2--ah the joys of childhood!! Thanks

colds1 said...

Really? I find John Travolta kind of creepy. I only know #3 and #5. Kevin enjoys #3, but I find it a disturbing movie (and sad, so I don't watch it) and #5 is a cult classic and the only movie with him in it that I actually do like. Although, he does share my birthday ...

Shelly said...

Movie answers:

#1: Bolt

#2: Michael

#3: Phenomenon

#4: Look Who's Talking

#5: Grease

Lori said...

HEY!!! You did the answers before I could get to the computer this weekend!!!! I knew all but #2!!!!

You should see hairspray! Tyler likes it too!!!

Gotta love John!!! We just saw Old Dogs the other night. That one is so cute too!!

Merinda Reeder said...

Ditto on Hairspray.
I'm quite the fan. Try your local library; it's at ours.