Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gearing Up For the Week

Sometimes, you just have to say to yourself, "Self, I know you don't want to do this, but ya gotta."

Tonight I cleaned my house. Just the usual: finished laundry, did the dishes, picked up toys, vacuumed, scrubbed the kitchen floor, and bathed all the children. Not necessarily in that order.

I did this in an effort to prepare for my week. Because we are moving back to the school district the kids were in when we first got to Arizona, we've decided to put our lives back together and have the girls finish the year in their previous school. Then I will only have one child at home to teach and one baby to care for. Can I tell you that I am SO HAPPY about this decision? I know the girls will be fine in the school and Matt will finally have all the time he needs for learning. It was all a bit rushed with the three different grade levels to complete everyday. So what better way to prepare for a less stressful week than to have a clean house (and clean kids)?

Also, my exercise is resuming this next week. And my SparksPeople food tracking. My gut has returned. As well as my behind. Their reappearance doesn't make me happy. So, it's time to get everything back into place. Less stress. Less mess. Happier Mommy.

Here's to a good beginning to a good week!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Good for you! I skipped some of those things this week. Whoops. I'm sure the girls are going to have a good time at school again. I always liked it. (Until I got older:) ) It's going to be way easier for you to do the things that you need to do for you and Matt. You're doing such a great job! GO SHELLY!!!!!

Merinda Reeder said...

Woot!

Lucky Larson's said...

you should tell yourself--
"Self, I am awesome! I am a great mom, wife, and homemaker!"
Because YOU are. :)