Friday, March 26, 2010

Who Do You Think You Are?

I think my new favorite show on TV right now is "Who Do You Think You Are?"

It's an amazing show which follows celebrities as they search for their family history. Three years ago I began trying to compile my own family history. Of course, this includes Josh's family, since they will forever be my family as well.

Anyway, the stories they are able to piece together are amazing. Shockingly, Emmitt Smith was able to trace one line of his family all the way back to Africa, something very difficult to do with slave heritages. Last week Lisa Kudrow (whom I love to watch) discovered what happened to her great grandmother in Poland. Here is a clip of that.




This week Matthew Broderick was able to discover his great- great-grandfather's previously unmarked grave from when he was killed during the Civil War. Just amazing stories.

Next week will be Brooke Shields (whom I also love) finding her royal roots in Europe. Maybe we're related.

I just love watching this show. And it really spurs me to continue working on my family history. I really want to take some trips to discover even more about our family. I'd love to head to Mississippi, Maine, Scotland, and other places where my current records end.

4 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

My parents love that show, but it hasn't sparked my interest. Maybe I'll give it a whirl since you're so convincing! :)

Lucky Larson's said...

wow--I haven't heard of this show--I am going to watch it! Great and moving clip!

Lori said...

I'm not that into finding out our geneology on my own. Mostly cause I don't know how to do it. I do like talking about it with mom though. That's a cool show. I've never heard of it before.

Merinda Reeder said...

So we went on Hulu and watched one. Then another. Then another. All 4 in one night.
We are hooked and I can hardly wait for Brooke Shields, and I'm ticked that there are only 7 this season. I hope hope hope that there will be a second season.