Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ode to the Man of My Dreams

I love my husband.


I don't think this should be shocking news, but sometimes you have a moment of clarity when you realize how much someone loves you, how much he does to take care of you and your children, how grateful you are to have him forever.

Josh has been working a lot of overtime lately. For one thing, the hospital is short-handed and they would allow him to work 7 days a week if he wanted to. For another thing, we are trying to get ahead financially so we can buy a home and prepare for Josh going back to school. His week mostly comprises of 5 12-hour shifts, two hours per day in commuting (that's 70 hours/week) and trying to catch some sleep somewhere in between.

He's an incredible man and no one works harder than he does. In his few and far between days off, we try to have fun as a family.

It's funny how, no matter how tired he is, he always makes me laugh. He makes me feel safe and comfortable. He's the most amazing person I know, and my best friend.

Easton Corbin's song "I'm a Little More Country Than That" is Josh's current favorite song. So, my Love, here's to you! I love you so much!!





Sorry, I can't figure out how to put the video on and not have it cut off the side. But, it's still worth listening to.

2 comments:

Celine said...

Awww that's a cute ode to one great husband! :)

Tara Dawn said...

Of course he makes you laugh when he is tired. He is the best sleep-talker ever!