Friday, March 19, 2010

I {Heart} Spring Break

No school. It's like this wonderful fairy land. I am the fairy queen. "Gather 'round, children," I call and the little fairies rush to my side, wanting nothing more than to hear what I have to say.

"Yes, our Queen," they call in unison as their little fairy wings flutter and their beautiful array of pastel clothing brighten the world around them.

"Children, it is time to gather your belongings and place them in their proper places. Pip, pip!" And they float away, happily laughing and joking as they clean the home around them.

*Sigh*

I wish.

It really has been wonderful to not have to worry about school. Of course, the Fairy Children actually have had their monstrous moments. Fights, yelling, Matt nearly getting hit by a car. Heaven has been far from our home on several occasions this week. But, with no school, it did make house hunting a bit easier earlier this week. Look for the housing update soon.

Oh, and I've never used the phrase "Pip, pip" before this post.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yeah, right. We know that "Pip pip" is part of your every day life!!

Matt what?!?! Scary.

We have spring break here right now too. It started yesterday and today looks more like winter break. Colorado = poop! Have fun in the sunny weather!!!