Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Bloggest Loser -- Week Five

Last week's big weight loss winners were Cindy at 2.51% (go, Cindy!) and Carina hit a milestone with her 1.56% loss. Awesome job!

Calculate your loss and see how you did. Remember that next week is our midpoint weigh-in and we'll get our up-to-date weight loss. This week, however, use your weight from last week as your Start Weight. And it's not too late to join in if you want to play but haven't been posting.

I was pleasantly surprised when I LOST WEIGHT this week!! Hooray!! I've been painting and cleaning up a storm and had a 1.86% loss. Finally!!!! My secret this week wasn't exercising, although I was very busy. I did try to eat lesser portions and I did both the Slim Fast and Subway diets. I really don't know if that helped me, but it was much better than grabbing donuts and burgers all week long. I've got another week of transitions before I can start to settle down. We are hoping to fill a moving truck tomorrow. If I can get the house cleared out and packed. The worst part of moving 15 minutes away is knowing you don't have to pack everything perfectly securely, therefore you don't really pack at all. That makes the transfer to the new house a bit more difficult. Ugh. Enough about that.

This Tuesday is the finale of Biggest Loser. Oh, poor Daris. He and Koli are vying for the final position for the final three. His gain of 2 lbs hit home so much!! He went home for a month, trained for his marathon, broke the record of time to complete the marathon, and then justified his overeating with the excuse that he's exercising so he'll be okay to eat late at night and doubling his calories in those late hours of the day. How well I know this trap! Josh works nights and I spend several of them alone after the girls have gone to bed. My entertainment consists of TV and Facebook. I'm usually not tired enough for bed, so in my boredom I eat. And I inevitably double my calories for the day. I just identified with him so much! I rarely vote for reality TV, but I exhausted all my votes for Daris. I really hope that month of reality didn't end it for him. But, if he does lose the vote, he should be in good standing for the At Home Prize.

So, tell me. How'd you do? What's your weight loss for the week? Good things? Tough things? Highlights from the week?

Oh, and I'm running out of ideas for polls. Are they worth doing each week? Do you have a question you'd like to ask the group?

4 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

0.27% loss.
yep. half a pound.

Lucky Larson's said...

1.08% weight loss

I lost 1 1/2 pounds!
I hulu the shows and they haven't undated Biggest Loser so I am behind. I want Daris to win it!

I TOTALLY understand the late night eating--So my secret is--a frozen pop (it is like a slushy, but less calories) and then a Pepperjack cheese string cheese stick (80 calories). I try really hard to keep away from the fridge after I have enjoyed that snack. I normally pop in gum so I won't be so interested in snacking.

I also keep my hands busy, sewing, writing to do lists and such, so that I don't feel inclined to reach for snacks. PLUS it helps that our TV is in the furthest room from the kitchen.

I can't find the desire to exercize, which has been my goal each week, to which I have failed each week.

I need to tell myself how much I enjoy working out and that I WANT and NEED to work out.

You could do the poll--
would you rather--Loose 10 pounds or
win $1,000? (or more)

Do you over eat when...
Eating Out
Alone
Sad
Other

OK--that is how i am doing.
thanks for this!
Goal: WORK OUT!

Carina said...

Well as always if you have a big number one week, the next is usually not so good. 0.37% weight loss Putting it this way kind of sucks, but in reality I know I just lost a pound, and that each week I keep losing, so I won't cry over it.

I tracked my food really well this week, so I knew what I was putting into my mouth good or bad. I did good, but I still didn't get to the gym. I have been doing some exercises at home though. My favorite lately has been putting on some fun music and jazzing out. Also taking soup cans (since I don't have regular hand weights, just sandbags I velcro on) and doing arm exercises. Awesome stuff. One day I hope to have beautiful arms or at least not ones that keep waving after my hand has stopped. )`~~-*

Good job Shelly! Keep up the focus and you will be kicking our cans all over the place. :)

colds1 said...

Sigh. Only 1.55%. I knew the slow down would come, I was just hoping it would be a bit longer with the big numbers.

Maybe the death-by-chocolate-brownies I made on Sunday (and ate) didn't help ...