Saturday, May 29, 2010

Extreme Make Over -- Johnson Home Edition Part 3

Matt's Room.....

Before....




It's hard to see it in detail, but the following pictures are the artwork that are on the wall on the right. The wall facing the window bore the name "Skye" in huge 12" letters of red marker. Guess what the little girl's name was that lived in this room.




This is a combination of paint, marker, crayon, pencil, and pen. I was able to mute the colors, but they wouldn't fade completely.
Two coats of primer and two coats of primer/paint later, this is what we got:



Matt's room is the Marvel Superhero room. Now, before you get the chance to judge me, let me just tell you that Matt's bedding is Superman because that's what we already had. Superman is not Marvel. I know everyone was getting ready to jump me for that Superhero faux pas, but I knew it was an error from the beginning, thank you.



Josh originally envisioned an Ironman room. We may get Matt some Ironman bedding eventually, but for now it's just a heroes-in-general room.








Josh's painting project in here was the racing stripes around the top of the room. They are really incredible looking and by far the more difficult of all the projects he did. Somehow, a bunch of straight lines are harder to pull off than freehand murals. I can't do either, so it's all impressive to me.
Matt loves his room so much that the second night he slept in it he saw his Wolverine figure on the wall, got all kinds of excited and went to jump onto his bed. Unfortunately, he completely missed his bed and landed on his face instead. We can't all have Super moments.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Poor Matt. Hope his face is okay. Those stripes are incredible!!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! you guys did an awesome job!

Tara Dawn said...

Ok, I must confuse that had you not mentioned the fact that Superman is not a Marvel comic, I would have never known.